Chapter 4

*EDITED*

Don't forget to favorite!

Julia

  The sound of the bus gets walkers attention. They were coming from every side of the bus. Too many walkers. We had chosen Bass Pro hoping it wasn't already cleared out. We are almost there. I figured we could walk the rest of the way.

"Hey y'all!" I exclaim, pulling into a parking lot. "I think we should walk the rest of the way, just to be safe."

"Good idea," Hayven gets up from the front seat. "By the looks of it, we're going to be walker meat."

  Lindsay opens the double doors, peeking her little head out to look for walkers. I look over to my left and see a few walkers coming and grab my guitar. Hayven catches on and grabs her bat and runs in front of Lindsay. I get follow. Kevin lands on my shoulder. Yep, She named her Kevin. We hold up our weapons and start running towards the freshly mowed grass. We hide behind a building and look around for walkers. I peek the corner to see a moaning walker walk into the bus, look around and then leave. I turn to face everyone else.

"We have to keep moving. You can see the building from here," I push Lindsay to move forward.

  Walking towards the building, I lose track of thought. I hope my brother is okay. My eyes stare at the surroundings. My brother and I don't live together anymore. He has his own life now and I can't be there to tell him what is right or not. My little brother can get into trouble. Little? Who am I kidding? He's taller than me, bigger than me, and I'm only older than him by a minute. I silently laugh to myself.

"Over this hill we will be at Bass Pro!" Lindsay speeds up the hill.

  I snap out of my thoughts and start climbing the green hill. Once we reach Bass Pro, I look around prepared to see walkers. But all I see is a empty parking lot.

"I'm guessing someone has cleared this place out or walkers don't like this place," I laugh.

"Yeah, maybe," Hayven murmurs, looking around.

"Well, let's not just stand here! Go inside!" Lindsay exclaims, pushing Hayven forward.

  We walk inside to see items laying on the floor, broken or teared.

"Someone has definitely been here," Lindsay whispers.

  I walk to stand beside Lindsay and look around. Hayven starts walking up to something.

She gasps, "Look what I found! Bow and arrows!"

"These could come in handy," We each grab one off the wall.

  I hand the bow to Lindsay, grabbing some arrows and strap them around her back. I take another bow and some arrow and strap the arrows on my back, slipping an arrow on the rest. Hayven walks forward and pulls back her bow string.

"There's a walker. All these archery lessons better pay off," She whispers, aiming her arrow.

  She lets the arrow go and the walker moves and faces her.

"Woah, woah, woah! I am not a walker!" The boy's arms are instantly in the air.

  I get a good look at this strange boy. Dark brown hair and green eyes. Three other boys walk out. The three boys have each one gun pointing at all of us.

"Whats wrong?" One of the three boys says, this one has dirty blond hair and blue eyes.

"That girl almost shot me in the face!" The boy with the dark brown hair yells.

They lower their guns.

"Maybe she should have," Another boy of the group jokes, this one has dark brown hair, and blue eyes.

  He has blue eyes. Like mine. I focus on his face. Then I realize. This is my brother!

"Josh?" I gasp, walking toward who seems to be my brother.

  He looks at me and gasps, "Julia?" I smile at him as he continues, "I thought I lost you! I thought you became one of the dead!"

"Oh come on Josh! You don't suspect me to die that quickly! I think I'm capable of staying alive," I laugh, walking up to him to give my brother a hug.

Lindsay

  I was glad that Julia found her brother. I sure miss my brothers. One boy from the group cuts off my thoughts. He has black, brownish hair and brown eyes.

"Shouldn't we put wood on the doors or something?" He asks, grabbing a hammer and a piece of wood.

  First time I heard him talk. He already looks like he was going to annoy me.

"By the way, I'm Gabe. That's Tanner," He points to each person. "And that's Luke."

  Was I right. Out of everyone we had to find the most annoying people ever.

I speak up, "Oh yeah, we know you. Couldn't recolonize you from all the dirt."

"Then you girls must be Hayven and Lindsay," Luke smiles.

"Yeah, that's great and all," Gabe scowls, "Now help me nail wood into the doors."