Chapter 27

Rick's POV

The new comers here have been a huge help. Julia and Josh help with the farming and Hayven loves to work with the animals. We've built a practice system too. They recommended one, so we thought up a plan to keep it safe. We can teach the kids to shoot archery, or how to throw a knife or shoot a gun. How to stab, shoot, survive.

"I've gathered up some kids who want to learn. They seem eager about it," Carol approaches me.

"Great. They can come to the training section when they are ready," I say, making my way into the room.

A couple kids arrive right away, some staying behind. I look around the room, making sure everything is where it's suppose to be. There are targets set up, cushions for archery and knifes, bottles for guns. Daryl found an old pair of shooting head sets from the sheriffs office.

We gather in the kids and teens, showing them how to aim and such. Julia, Hayven, and Ellie all help with the bows.

Let's get this started.

--

??? POV

Alone.

Alone.

Alone...

I'm alone in sweet madness. My mind is slowly becoming a mad wonderland. I have no one. My mother is dead, my father I haven't seen in a while. My family is gone: I'm alone.

My boots crunch on every leave as I run. A heard of walkers trailing behind, my breathing fast. Head spinning, eyes scanning, I'm doomed.

I suddenly trip. I spoke too soon. I lay there, waiting for it to come. Sadly, it never did. My eyes scan the reason, a boy. Young, 16, 17 maybe. I focus my eyes, my head still wild.

"It's okay," He reassures, "I'm John. You're safe."

You're safe,

You're safe,

That's all my wild mind could register until I blacked out.

----------------

A/N: I updated the description, just in case any of you are interested ;)

Comment what you think! Vote!