#116 You Meet Through One Direction

Ashton: Growing up, Harry Styles had been one of your closest friends. Of course, you two had gone to the same primary school, never really interacting. But it wasn’t until year eight did you two really become close friends. It was a matter of working on a group project together. Throughout your friendship, there were no romanic feelings, and you had both expressed you didn’t see either of each other in that kind of way. Little did you know, one of your closest friends would grow up to be one of the main singers of the acclaimed One Direction, or be one of the heartthrobs that millions of teenage girls nearly fainted over. You would take the piss out of Harry, and you had the ability to bring him back to reality when fame got to his head. Through everything, you two remained just as close. The fans respected you, acknowledging that there was never anything, nor was there every going to be anything, between the two of you. You were there through the X-Factor days, the awkward mop of curly hair faze, and you were even there during their stadium tour. You were Harry’s rock really, his small notion of home that he could call at anytime, regardless of time differences, or distance. You were incredibly grateful to have Harry in your life, and you always knew that he was just a Skype call away. Of course, it became difficult when you two were leagues apart and you felt the distance. Not having your best friend around was difficult, but you made it work. You had grown close to all of the band members, just because they were so close to Harry. They treated you like a little sister, and you adored the boys with all of your heart. Even the band that they had signed to be their opener, 5 Seconds of Summer, was amazing. The lads were truly something else, and you grew just as fond of them, as you did the members of One Direction. But there was one member in particular that you had a different form of chemistry with. You felt a tension between you and Ashton. It wasn’t hostile, nor was it aggressive. There was a budding passion building between the two of you. Something that was amounting to more than friendship. You were skeptical about it, because you didn’t know how Harry would react, nor the rest of the band members of both bands. You had the opportunity to see Harry on tour, and that was how you were introduced to Ashton. You were taken aback by his classic Australian looks, but more so by his ability to woo you with his joyful laughter, and his easy going personality. When you met him, you heard his laugh before you saw him. Even that intrigued you. When Harry had introduced the two of you, you could feel a warm blush spread across your cheeks, and a dopey grin plastered over your face. “Hello,” His warm voice had said, when Harry told you who it was. “Hi,” You nervously said. “C’mon, I want to show you are the stadium,” Harry said grabbing your waist and tugging you along. You awkwardly waved at Ashton, as his eyes were trained on Harry’s hand around your waist. It wasn’t until nights later did he finally ask you the question that had been burning his thoughts. “Are you and Harry a thing?” He asked casually one day. Louis and Niall overheard, and began to snicker to themselves. Ashton turned towards them looking at the quizzically, which spurred their laughter on further. “(Y/N) and Harry a thing? What a sight!” Niall said, still laughing. You shook your head, fighting a smile. “No we aren’t, we grew up together. He’s my best friend, it would be bloody weird if I was his bird.” You said, shaking your head. “Really?” Ashton asked. “Yeah, why?” You said. “Well, he’s just so touchy with you and is always staring at you.” You laughed. “Its a Harry thing. He’s always been like that with me. Believe me, we’re nothing.” You said, almost too encouragingly. Ashton was silent for a bit, and you could hear Louis and Niall talking behind you. From that moment on, the tension between you and Ashton was almost tangible. By clearing up any notion that you and Harry had something, Ashton grew more confident in his flirting. He was far more touchy, his remarks were often laced with an innuendo, or some sly comment. He was smooth in his compliments, and playful in his banter. You weren’t the only one that noticed the tension between the two of you, because the rest of the band members did. When Ashton came up directly behind you, pressing his body flush against yours to grab something from around you, Niall looked at you quizzically which only increased the harsh blush spreading across your cheeks. Ashton merely laughed, walking away with a cheeky smile plastered on his face. Finally, it was one night you were talking to Lou, the hairdresser for the boys did Ashton, come up to you, grab your hand, interrupting the conversation you were having and pushed you against a wall. Within seconds his lips were on yours, his hands either side of your head, his body flush against yours. You gasped into the kiss, unexpectedly intertwining your fingers in his shaggy hair, pulling him even closer. When you broke apart, you two were breathless, expect for one word drifting between the two of you. “Finally,” He whispered, his lips ghosting over yours.