#126 New Year's Eve Kiss

Calum: "For God's sake Calum, be careful." You said, watching your crush fire off the fireworks, standing much too close. You sipped your beer casually, watching yet another flare burst into the sky. He walked up, looking down at you. "Nothing's gonna happen, Y/N." He grinned, taking the bottle from your hands, putting it to his own lips. "You're always so careful." He said, swallowing a big gulp. "I don't want to see you get hurt by stupidity, that's all." You said, smiling lazily, staring into his dark eyes that were even more shadowed by the night. Giving back the bottle to you, he pulled the lighter from his pocket to light the firecrackers he was holding. Looking back at you with a smirk, holding onto them too long. He threw them away causing them to burst a few inches away from his hand, hearing a loud yelling sound escape his mouth. Dropping your bottle, you hurried to him, holding his hand in yours. "Fuck, Calum!" You shouted, looking at it to see how bad it was. "Fuck, you're lucky." You sighed in relief, kissing his finger that swelled up. Looking up at him, you caught him stare deeply into your eyes. "Y/N?" He murmured. You held your breath. "Yes?" "Have you gotten a new year's kiss yet?" You shook your head. "Can I change that?" You just nodded. As he placed his hand on your cheek, he pulled you close, pressing his lips firmly on yours.

Ashton: "I'm so sorry for messing up your new year's eve." You sniffled, tissues scattered around your bed. "No, no. Don't be." He smiled sadly, the tickets for the New Year's party left on the table to not be used. "Please, just go, take a friend. Have fun." You coughed, sick as a dog on NYE. "No, I'm staying. You're my girlfriend, I'm so not leaving you to this alone. I want to spend this with you, I don't care how." He smiled as he got up. You yelped slightly when the bed started moving. "Ash, what are you doing!" You giggled. He moved the bed right under the window, just like he would do when you guys wanted to gaze at the stars. He lit candles around the room. "Sorry babe, I didn't bring champagne but let's just pretend." He chuckled, pouring apple juice instead. He crawled back into bed with you, handing you a glass as the countdown started. Ashton's soft voice counted too, his eyes smiling at you, kissing you tenderly when the window lit up with beautiful flares. "Happy new year, love." He said, clinging your glass, taking a sip. "Happy new year." You croaked, smiling at his lovely gesture. He pulled you close to his body, as you both looked up at the perfect view, cuddling the night away.

Luke: They started the count down from 10 to 1 and there was still no sight of your boyfriend Luke. You were at a party that had gotten too crowded for your liking, losing Luke in a sea of faces. "10.. 9.. 8.." You pushed past couples and tall people, getting more and more desperate with every literal second that passed. "7.. 6.. 5.. 4..!" It echoed through the room. "Luke!" You shouted in the hope he was near. "Damn it.." You murmured, pushing yet another couple out of sight. "3..! 2..!" You gave up hope, standing still feeling the tears come to your eyes. As the last second echoed, Luke's hurried face came into view, struggling through an ocean of bodies, tripping into you, crashing his lips on yours as cheers roared through the room. "HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!" You heard them yell, confetti popping everywhere as you and Luke kept kissing, you holding his arms tight. "Happy new year, am I on time?" He chuckled. You smiled brightly. "I don't care. You found me." You giggled. "Of course." He replied, moving your hair. "Those bright red lips I saw from miles away, getting to you was the hardest part." Luke chuckled, holding your chin up, pecking your lips. "Let's get out of here and watch the fireworks huh?" He smiled lightly. You nodded as he took your hand, taking you away from the crowd.

Michael: "Party, at Y/F/N's house, tonight. You in?" Michael asked you on the phone. "Nope." You sulked. Michael frowned. "Come ooon, you can't miss out on this." He tried to push you. "Michael.. I'm not in the mood to go to a party where HE will be, with his new girlfriend and all those fucking happy couples kissing each other at 12 am and I'm standing there without anyone, being totally miserable. No fucking way. I have too much self respect." You explained, slightly angered. "You have me." Michael tried. "You'll find someone there, I'm sure. No thanks, just go, I'm fine here with my parents." You lied and hung up. It was almost 12 am, just 30 minutes to go, watching a concert on TV with your parents who began to get tipsy. You sighed as they dragged you outside to watch the fireworks as soon as the New Year would start. The people on the streets cheered, your parents laughed and kissed but you looked up at the sky lanterns that all held different wishes. You tried, and silently wished upon them as well. A slight tap on your shoulder got your attention, turning around you saw Michael standing there. You were surprised. "Michael.." You smiled. He put his arm around your shoulder, squeezing it for support. "You're my best friend, parties come and go and to be honest, I'd probably just kick his ass if I would see him." He chuckled. "God, you are the best." You said, hugging him, hiding your face in his neck. "The best for the best, you know that." He whispered, holding your chin, making you look up at him. "I'm a little late, but.." He didn't even finish his sentence, but he finished it without words as he pecked your lips softly, easing you into the new year a little happier then how you left the previous one.