#145 The 50s

Ashton: You nervously rubbed your hands together in the passenger seat of Ashton's new car. He drove with his hand on the wheel, and the other one intertwined with yours. He was not only proud of his new ride, but the girl in the passenger seat. You two had gone out for a nice dinner, and now the clock was ticking. Your curfew more or less snuck up on you, Ashton accelerated, making you shift in your seat. "Take it easy, Duchess. I've got you." He drummed his thumb against your knuckles, keeping time with the new music from the radio and the thrum of the engine. "You know if I'm late Ma and Pa, will be angry." You said, smoothing out your dress with your free hand. "They'll be fine." He said, giving you a reassuring smile. You nodded your head, biting your lip. When you neared your house, you saw the porch light on - a very bad sign. That meant that both your parents were still up, and it was because you were mildly late. "I'll walk you to the door, it will be fine. They won't blow their caps." He said, parking and coming around to open your door. You stepped out, holding his hand tightly, as you approached your door. Ashton leaned in for a quick peck, making you blush. Last thing you needed was your parents seeing you kiss. They didn't even think you had gotten to a kiss yet. You opened the door, to see your Mum and Father standing by the staircase, both with very unimpressed looks on their faces. "Hello Mr. and Mrs. (Y/L/N), I am so sorry that I kept (Y/N) a little later than what was expected. You see, we got caught at all the red lights. And it just was such a hassle." Ashton said, his most sincere smile plastered on his face. "I never, ever, would keep your beautiful daughter out later than what was expected by yourselves. I really would like to apologize." He said, once again turning on his charm. What your parents didn't know was that you had gone to the cliff to neck a bit, something all the teenagers did your age. It was the thing to do. Your Mother sighed, nodding her head. "We like you Ashton, we just worry. We don't want our daughter getting into any trouble. The stories we've heard about some teenagers, well it makes us not want to let our girl out of the house. But we can trust you two?" Your Mother said, staring at the both of you. "Of course Mother, the traffic lights were just ridiculous. We would never disobey you," You said, smiling. "Well Ashton, we don't want you worrying your parents. We'll see you this Sunday for dinner." Your Mother said, smiling. "Off to bed (Y/N), tomorrow is a school day!" Your Father added, walking up the stairs. You knew they were watching from upstairs, they would never leave you this late alone with Ashton. He smiled at you, and you couldn't help but smily sheepishly at the floor in embarrassment, and to suppress the fluttering in your stomach. "I'll see you tomorrow in class," He said, winking. You grinned, nodding your head. "See you tomorrow." You said, he squeezed your hand before dropping it and letting himself out. You climbed the stairs with a dopey grin on your face, before seeing your Mother in her bathrobe leaning against your doorframe. "Have you and Ashton talked about marriage?" She asked, making you sputter. "No, we haven't." You said. "Well, with the way you two are, I think its due time you settled down. You are a woman grown (Y/N)." She said, raising an eyebrow and leaving you to think about the future.

Calum: You took a drag from the cigarette in between your fingers before flicking the ashes off onto the ground. It was the cool thing to do, besides, the new guy in your group seemed to like it. You leaned against his car, the cig dangling from your fingers as the glow of the end cast a little light against your new pants. "Well, darling. You don't strike me as the type to smoke." He said, grabbing one from his own pack. You shrugged your delicate shoulders before flicking the ashes off the end again. "You don't seem like a bad boy." You said staring at him, quirking the corner of your red lips up. He raised an eyebrow laughing. "Come on! Are we racing or not?" Someone yelled from the other side of the track. Calum cast one more look at you before pushing himself off the car. "I'm in." He said. He turned to you, eyeing you up and down. "Give me a kiss for luck duchess?" He asked, grinning mischievously. You put a manicured nail to your cheek and tapped. "We'll see if you win." You said, standing up off his car and walking away towards your friend and her beau. "Pucker up darling, I'm winning this race." He called after you. You turned around to smile a little at him, before leaning against your friends car. "So you and the new boy?" She asked, raising an eyebrow. "What?" You asked innocently, taking a drag. "First its the red lipstick, that your Father hates. Now you smoke, and now you're going after the bad boy? Who is this girl?" She asked, shaking her head. "Its not that bad!" You tried to defend yourself. You were interrupted by the rev of engines off on the track. "Take a look at your boy (Y/N)." She said, whistling a little. You smirked, as he sauntered to his car, driving up beside the other one. He shook the other man's hand, getting into his hand, and waiting for the flag that one of the girls you went to school with dropped. Finally, they were off, and it looked like Calum wouldn't be having a kiss today. Until he crossed the line just before the other guy, making you cheer. "And you're not that bad," You friend scoffed, making you shoot her a glare. You walked casually over to Calum, who was just getting out of the car. When he saw you he smirked. "Well baby, where's my kiss?" He asked, making you grin. You shook your head, not being able to wipe the smile off your face. "You think I'm that sleazy to kiss you in front of all these people. Let's cut," You said, making Calum raise an eyebrow. "I'm never one to refuse a girl. And a beautiful girl at that." He said, grabbing your hand and pulling you along.