#71 Date Night

Luke: Luke was patiently waiting downstairs,you tucking your little boy into bed as the babysitter made her way here to take care of him. Ever since his arrival 9 months ago,you and Luke adored him,still do,and always will. Your worlds revolve around him and he is the main focus as your lives as a family progress. But you and Luke haven’t had time to each other. It would generally be the odd moment where you could enjoy each others company,but considering how hectic your schedules have gotten, this date night was the first in a while and the first of many more to come. Soothing him to sleep before placing him down in his cot, his 9 month old self was slightly aware that you were going somewhere. Probably due to your dressed up attire and hair+makeup, it was as if he was resisting to sleep so it would take longer. Caleb lay there,body positioned in a way that made you want to hold him,eyes open but slowly closing due to how tired he was. All you could do was watch him as he dozed off,his entire hand grasping onto your pinkie finger and he slowly fell asleep. Hearing a knock on the door, followed by Luke answering,the babysitter was here. You made your way downstairs, dressed in a black dress which hugged your curves,barefoot in order to not make any unnecessary noise. She already knew what she needed to do, as well as Caleb’s schedule due to a phone conversation prior to her arriving. So as she quickly made her way upstairs, Luke spun you around as if you were dancing in the living room,facing him before gently kissing you on your nose. ‘Lets get going’ a relieved yet excited tone in his voice as he reached for your heels. Ready to take you out.

Calum: He was currently on tour with the boys at this moment,but one emotional phone call with him that resulted in tears and the desire to hold each other a few days ago has led you to take the next flight out to New York. Your visit was a surprise,thanking Ashton for distracting him while you got to the hotel,surprising him as he just got out of the shower, resulting in an evening for making up of lost time. Today was a day where the boys were free, so it was spent with family and friends. But since Calum’s mum left a few days ago due to commitments, he was desperate to show you the city of New York, as this was your first time going. And since it was snowing and Christmas Eve, this was the perfect date in his eyes. However,the morning and afternoon was spent exploring the hotel,the huge building full with many different facilities and privileges,including a spa which gave a massage that would wash any worries away. Cal’s idea of staying in during the day was actually a good one. Even though you both had temptations of going out and running around the City in the snow, the building anticipation in your stomach would be accompanied by an experience one could never forget. And as the sunset started its approach, you and Calum left to explore. Dressed comfortably and stylishly for the snow, your hands were intertwined,warming each other with your body heat. The Empire State Building was the primary destination,stopping at small cafes as you finally reached it. And after what seemed like forever on the lift up, the view made it entirely worthwhile. ‘Even though this view is indescribable’ he gently whispered in your ear ‘nothing compares to you.’

Ashton: All that was currently audible was the sound of heavy rain hitting the roof as the thunderstorm did not show any form of clearing up any time soon. The bad weather continued into its 3rd day now, flood warnings issued in certain areas, but thankfully not where you and Ash lived. The weather sparked a long discussion between the two of you, several questions as to how it goes from clear skies and sunshine to a thunderstorm, which quiet frankly scared the heck out of you. Plans to have a picnic now foiled by the sudden outburst of anger from Mother Nature;and the sky now approaching nightfall more quickly has now left you and Ashton bored at home. Several minutes passed before Ash was crashed out on the sofa, the debate between the two of you tiring him out for the next 30 minutes. And sitting there for a couple of minutes, staring out the window at the gloomy weather,you decided to rearrange your date in your bedroom. So, quickly making your way up the stairs to reach your bedroom, you cleaned up a little before laying out blankets, the blanket covered floor full of your favourite movies. Your mind was preoccupied with what food you wanted to make as you didn’t realise that Ashton was watching you as he walked in, a large smile growing on his face with his signature dimples. His hands were full of different snacks and was followed by him saying he has something baking in the oven. Confused at how he knew what you were doing, but smiling and happy from his response, you quickly pulled him in, wanting his input in what movie to watch first.

Michael: The relationship you and Michael had was one no-one knew about, or expected. He was the bad boy, you were the shy girl. He was popular, you were unknown. Meeting for the first time through accidentally running into each other on the corridor, he had a unique quality you didn’t see in others. However, he was the one who people would say ‘never fall for him’. But 2 months later and enough has taken place to prove that the outside image was most certainly not the same on the inside. You were unknown to his group of friends, but the anonymity of your relationship made it all the more amazing: the rebellious feeling of meeting during restricted times, things only shared between the two of you. It was around midday, you were sat in the library between periods, flicking through pages of the same textbooks in order to get the information implemented into your brain. Your back ached from being seated in the same position as you solemnly checked your phone, not expecting anything. On the other hand, the text from your roommate stating she was out of town for the weekend resulted in an immediate text to Michael, telling him if he can, to come to your university room. After that, the day was a blur of continuous lectures, not even giving you a couple of seconds to check your phone. But you knew he would have read it. And when nightfall finally started to occur, your room was the only place you wanted to go,rushing back to see your boyfriend laying down on your bed. Dressed in his signature band shirt,leather jacket and skinnies, you instantly relaxed as you saw the TV on, different shows on Netflix appearing on the large screen and the ding of the oven going off. Signalling that the Pizza was ready to be taken out. ‘Date night?’