Interruptions

Katrina's POV

Surprise kids, things didn't in fact get 'much easier'.

If anything, it sounds like shit is about to get much harder.

"What the fuck do you mean, you can't open it?" Blue growls with so much venom you would think he was the one who could turn into dog and not the whining pouting mess that was zip tied and duct taped in the corner.

Aria glares fearlessly up at Blue, and I had to give the girl credit. She had mad balls, more than I would have looking up at a nearly 7-foot-tall menace to society with a short fuse and the ability to electrocute your eyeballs.

Klaus flinched from his spot behind Aria, standing tall over her back as he nervous looked from the girl to his raging older brother.

Klaus looks over at me for the tenth time in the past five minutes, a nervous helpless look on his face. I'm not entirely sure what he thought I could do. I was dutifully trying to stay quiet because I really didn't need to bring attention to myself right now.

Not when I was apparently going to be punished.

And I had no clue what the fuck Klaus' deal was, my usually bubbly friend looked to be on the corners of panic and attack.

Aria is silent for a second longer before she must feel the increasing violence steaming off of Blue, she grounds her teeth, "like I said, I cannot open it. The lock is given a special code so only the clients who buy them can open it."

"Bullshit. You must have some kind of master key, or universal code that allows you to unlock your work. You can either tell me now or I will gladly begin peeling the skin off of your hands until you decide you really, really, want to tell me. Choice is up to you, I'm a gentleman like that," Blue sends her a mocking smile that would have most quaking in their boots.

Not her.

"And why exactly should I help you? Do you think I don't recognize you? I know you are a villain, planning on destroying the world?" She snarks up at him.

He smiles mockingly, "you would want to help me for two reasons. One, if you don't I'll be forced to kill you," he laughs lightly, "and what a fucking waste that would be Ms. DeVos? So young and so smart, at least that's what everyone thinks. But let's see how smart you really are. Two, that asshole who attacked you today, he just wanted to kill you, because if you're dead then you can't talk. They want you so dead that they have a hit out on you, isn't that right, Katty?"

They both look at me, I wave awkwardly, "my name's Katrina ... not Betty ... uhm he's telling the truth, they have hits on both of us, we should start a club, huh" I joke lamely with a tense and awkward laugh.

Even Klaus just shakes his head at me.

Blue takes a deep breath like he's looking for some kind of patience.

What? I thought that was pretty good.

"So, you see. I have need for you. They want you dead. I could kill you and put you out of your misery, or you can help me. You help me, I don't hurt you, let's see how smart you are, what choice are you making DeVos?" Blue asks a darkness filling his question.

Klaus looks cagey as fuck.

"How do I know you won't just kill me after I've told you," she asks quietly, the first crack in her mask that proves she's actually scared.

Klaus speeds around to the front of the couch beside her, an anxious puppy dog look on his face, even as she jerks back at his speed. "We won't hurt you, I promise," he whispers sincerely.