Rookie Mistake

Katrina's POV

Television is a lie.

They make breaking and entering look extremely easy.

Just need a bobby pin or a credit card and bam you're walking in and outdoors like the shit is easy as pie.

This shit is not as easy as pie.

It's hard like fucking cement.

I throw the tenth mangled bobby pin to the ground in frustration as it breaks off with a sharp ping.

Shit.

I storm back over to the comfortable bed in the middle of the room, my anger dimming as I drop onto my ass and bounce.

I've been banging on that fucking door for forty minutes and trying to pick it for the last twenty.

No fucking luck.

And no real fucking surprise.

Why should I expect less from that sociopath during the day and pathological asshole during the night?

Fury still rang hard in every muscle and bone of my body.

Cory.

My friend.

Ex-boyfriend from a lifetime ago.

Him.

He slept with not just one of those traitors, but both.

Lia and Lee.

Actual, fucking puke churns in the back of my throat.

When I see Cory's ass again I am going to make him wish he'd never seen my face, the sniveling little bitch. I must have a sign on my forehead that screams 'betray the shit out of me, please'.

Un-fucking-believable.

I can't let go of the anger not when the crushing disappointment was right behind it.

And he had the nerve to act as though he'd done me some huge favor. As if I fucking needed him to sleep with my boyfriend or whatever shit he did with the two of them.

I'm definitely going to be sick.

The door clicks open before slowly revealing Vivi's perfect face standing in the doorway, her hands holding a plate of cookies as she sends me a tight smile.

She slowly shuts the door behind her as she comes closer and settles on the bed next to me.

I try to stay stone-faced.

But my eyes keep stringing to the cookies on her lap.

"Blake said you like ... well food," she starts off quietly, before slowly pushing the plate towards me, "they're snickerdoodle. He didn't know your favorite but he also said that he could imagine you turning them down either way."

What a fucking loser.

I snatch a cookie, biting into it quickly and aggressively.

He's not wrong.

My shoulders relax as I inhale the warm cookie, "they're really good," I sigh grabbing another one, as she beams a happy smile at me. "Your son is an asshole, though. And he's wrong, I wouldn't eat peanut butter cookies. You can tell him I said that," I reply tartly grabbing another cookie off the plate.

Vivi tries to clamp down on a smile and fails, her hand landing lightly on my shoulder.

"You've had a day," she says as she looks over at me.