Shittier Side of The Track

Katrina's POV

I swear it was an accident.

Well, kind of.

All I was trying to do was start a mildly controlled fire so that I would have a perfect diversion in order for me to escape.

I know that they tell you that oil is flammable, but fuck me I did not realize it was that fucking flammable!

I cringe as I sit at the kitchen counter surrounded by hard looks and annoyance.

I twist my hands nervously in front of me.

"In my defense, if that one," I point at the large blond one who only had half an eyebrow glaring at me, "hadn't tackled me the fire wouldn't have caught on the first car. I failed physics so I'm not sure what to blame for why the other five cars caught on fire too."

I don't speak Greek, but I do speak the language of barely containable rage.

I am looking at barely containable rage.

It's the same no matter the country or language.

Christos looks as if he's trying to hold his anger in by not breathing out. His handsome jaw tightly wound as he glares harshly down at me as I sit guilty at the kitchen counter.

"My original kidnapper has a shit ton of money, so after he comes here and takes me back and probably fucks a ton of shit up, I'll make him cut you a check ... for the thousands of dollars-worth of damage," he'll kill me first but they don't need to know that, "he's low key in love with me so I'm sure he'll pay," I nod and smile brightly as I try to look apologetic and not like a bold-face liar.

Blue would eat my fucking fingers before he'd come off any type of money.

Or admit he was in love with me.

I'm already in a shit ton of debt with him as it is with the few objects I've broken of his.

Okay, hand full of objects.

I shoot Christos another pitiful pout hoping that I look sorry and innocent.

And not like the pure raging beast of fucking anger that I am. That blond-haired beautiful ass man beast ruined my entire fucking plan! All I had to do was fucking get to the car. I had stolen the keys, had set the fire, all I had to do was get inside the bitch and then I could have zoomed my ass to freedom!

But I couldn't expose that I wanted to throat punch that bitch.

No, I had to swallow my anger and pretend like it was a complete accident.

Yes, I accidentally stole the flammable oil and accidently got my hand on the matches from the kitchen. I had just finished my seconds on lunch when the maids and cook both looked away I doused the couch in oil and then dropped a match.

The whole house came running as I pretended to continue to finish eating my food. When no one was looking I then went outside and set another fire on the patio furniture.

Low blow. I know, but I needed a large enough distraction.

By the time I had rounded the house everyone was screaming to try and get the fires out and no one was paying me a lick of attention. I only wanted to set the first car on fire so that they wouldn't notice when I took the other one.

I had the fire nearly started was about to set the match when a full-time linebacker knocked the taste out of my mouth and tackled me to the ground.

Oil went flying, the match went flying and then I was tucking and rolling as an explosion rocked the whole fucking estate.

I'm fine.