Misfortune's Bitch

Katrina's POV 

"We're going to die, aren't we?!" I cry as I duck low besides Blue, holding his hand tightly in my own. "I fucking knew it! Why are they shooting at us?! I thought they wanted me alive? Can't they see how close I am to you? Fuck! We're going to die-"

I cut off as Blue rolls over top of me sending us both into the sandy ground as more bullets fly around us.

"Can you shut the fuck up?" He grits out as he protects me.

Only he can be a complete asshole while saving my life.

The plane whizzes by us again overhead giving us a few minutes to collect ourselves before the next volley of bullets tries to murder us again.

"What are we going to do? You can't even use your powers and fuck knows I can barely control mine. Just tell me, we're going to die, aren't we?"

"Stop fucking blubbering, I'm not dying on some fucking island with you. I can't say the same for you," he adds quickly his eyes searching the sky.

I glare up at him, "just dig my fucking grave, why don't you."

"I did. It's back at my house."

"I fucking hate yo-" bullets shatter our conversation as he presses his body in tighter to mine, cradling my head into his chest as he rolls us away from the bullets that dive into the ground around us.

"We have to move," he snaps looking back down at me, "we need to get to the water, maybe if we get far enough away I can use my powers."

I blink at him, listening for the engine of the plane that is surely about to turn around again.

"I don't want to make this about me but I'm 99% sure Godzilla lives in the ocean and 100% sure there are sharks. I'd rather die by a bullet."

"You're going to die by me if you don't get your ass moving," he snaps back, before surging to his feet.

I barely have time to blink before his hand is latching onto mine and pulling me up to my feet.

We both hear the plane's engine getting louder as it approaches.

Shit.

Then we are off, he's dragging me as we sprint through the thick shrubs of the jungle until we hit sand.

The plane is coming up on us fast.

I turn to look up at Blue to find him already watching me, both of us covered in sand and dirt breathing heavy, "don't let go," he whispers.

I nod just as he faces forward and we both take one step towards the pristine blue waters ahead.

That's when the motorboat flies into view.

It all happened too fast.

Three men on the boat had their guns aimed for us, the plane closing in had already begun shooting, sending sand flying into the air as the bullets descended closer and closer.

I lied.

I let go.

I step in front of Blue before he can try and drag us back towards the safety of the jungle and I let go, releasing the tight grip I had on the powers that whip and hiss inside of me, allowing that pool of raw energy to explode.

I did forget to aim.

The world seemed to explode as raw electric power blasts from my body and by the pure grace of Lady Luck slams into the wing of the plane.

It was almost like watching a toy plane tumble to the ground, except for the explosion and fire, that was different.

My body trembles and my hands shake as Blue pulls me into his arms, dropping us both to the sandy beach as the plane explodes sending parts in every direction.