Annoyance and Appeal

Blue's POV

I squint my eyes at the unconscious girl in my arms, how in the hell does she keep derailing everything without even trying?

Thankfully, Pony had already collected Cory's unconscious body to bring back to the house while I had to slam Katrina's face into those marble floors when her eyes burned a mirror to my own.

That turned into a real problem when a hundred different strikes of lightning slammed into the roof above us.

I didn't want to be a complete asshole but when she flashed me that fucking smirk, I knew she had absolutely no control and had to be put down.

Getting her back to the house where Pony could heal the open wound on her shoulder is imperative.

I feel her stir slightly in my chest as she drools. The sound of crashing waves reaching my ears as I come up on my ruined fucking home.

I take a deep breath trying to forget the shit ton of water damage to my home or how I could nearly blame it all on the unconscious woman in my arms.

Looking down at her parted mouth, the serene look on her face, her tufts of curly hair, she almost looks too fucking innocent, too fucking beautiful to be able to cause so much trouble. She has one thing right, she really does have some pretty shit luck.

Staring at her face, maybe my shit luck isn't that bad.

I land heavily in front of my house, trying to ignore the seaweed that covers nearly every window of my home. Or the way my feet sink into my lawn that's drowning in fucking saltwater.

Deep breaths, Blake. Just take deep breaths.

I step towards my front door only to pause at the sight in front of me.

She steps out of the shadows, her blond hair swaying behind her in the breeze, her face set into a mildly amused expression. Her eyes still filled with regret, sadness, and bullshit I didn't have time to deal with the last time I saw her.

Fucking great.

"What are you doing here?" I ask holding Katrina tighter in my arms.

She slips on a fake smirk, "Is that any way to greet your wife?"

"Ana, seriously, what the hell are you doing here?" I demand losing all patience as I feel Katrina's blood leak down my hand.

She steps closer, exposing her skin tight, blood red suit, her mask on that covers only covers the upper part of her face but leaves her blond locks out behind her.

"Blue Doom," her raspy voice sends hundreds of memories hurtling into my mind.

"Red Tornado."

She snickers, a fake sound she's perfected to come off as easy-going and relaxed, but I knew her. Know everything about her which is how I can tell the tense undertone of her voice.

She's afraid and she's nervous.

As she should be.

She keeps her head high, that smirk still on her red painted lips, "no greeting kiss for your wife?"

I glower feeling Katrina stir more in my arms, "what do you want?"

"I'm in trouble, baby, and I need your help," she mocks, but I see straight through her. She truly is scared.

Katrina's going to castrate me.

I look down at the woman in my arms to find her eyes already staring back at me.