Treading Water

Katrina's POV 

We were fucked.

Like fucked-fucked.

"You don't happen to be a Super, do you?" I whisper over to Sasha, quietly, as Ocean's Fury watches us, his face stone.

She shook her head no, "how about you?"

"Nope," I whisper back, never taking my eyes off of the hero in front of us. We were only a few miles away from Blue's house, and sooner or later he was going to come looking for me.

"How long can you tread water?" She asks me, making my panic spike.

"I don't know, the YMCA only made me do it for sixty seconds."

Sasha groans, glaring at the figure in front of us, "I swear this day can't get any worse." She looks at Ocean's Fury, an uncomfortable wince on her face.

His eyes were focused solely on her, his emotions never flickering. His eyes shoot to me briefly, before focusing back on the beautiful woman beside me.

My eyes narrow slightly at the intense way his eyes linger on my new friend. I'd been watching television long enough to know drama when it's right in front of me.

But now was not the time to ask my new friend if she'd splashed in a pool with the hero in front of us. I'd ask her later if we ever got out of this situation alive.

Sasha shoots me a small look, before relaxing and turning back to the man we were facing off against, a devilish smirk sprouting over her lips.

Her look had me total sense.

We needed to stall.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't my old friend, how have you been Sea Salt? It's been a while," she looks around at our stuck boat, "but not quite long enough."

His jaw tightens, the first sign of emotion since he descended on us, "Sash," she cringes slightly, as he looks away from her and focuses on me, determination in his eyes. "I'm here for the girl, let's not make this difficult."

Sasha and I both snorts.

"Thanks for the invite, but we're good! Isn't that right?"

I nod, "yup, we are all good here, already working on our own escape and we don't need dick to save the day, but it was so nice to meet you, have a great day, prayers and blessings ... to Poseidon, adios."

Sasha chuckles, looking at Ocean's Fury, "and there you have it! This is a girl's escape, and from the small bulge in your tight ass suit, you're not a girl, no matter how small that bulge is. Now, let us go."

He looked like he was swallowing down some major rage behind his mask, "this isn't a joke. She's in danger," he pauses, looking at Sasha, "both of you are. I've been asked by a powerful friend to bring her in."

Powerful?

Sasha tries not to let the confusion spark over her face like it has mine.

Who the hell had pull enough to get Ocean's Fury to come to try and save me?

I try and focus, "again, fish fry, we are Gucci and Fendi, we don't need you, so go swim off and dry hump a barnacle, we're good."

His eyes glow green as he glares me down.

"I'm not leaving without the two of you."

"Two?! I thought you were only after me?" I ask, blinking innocently as Sasha lets out a loud groan.

"I knew that's what this is," she sighs dramatically, as Ocean's Fury jaw works in rage. She blinks innocently over at me, "he's in love with me," I choke, "and he just can't get over the fact that I don't want him."