Klaus

Katrina's POV

I suspected my time had run out when I could make out the edges of a large cliff that jutted from the side of an island.

I knew it had run out when Blue stopped the engine of the boat letting us float idly in the water.

Those strange eyes turn to me with deadly intent as he leans back against the steering wheel of the boat, removing his mask.

Like any sane person, I weigh my options.

I'm surrounded on all sides by deep blue water.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

I can already see the irrationality spinning on this lamp post's face.

He'd shake the non-existent answers out of me until my neck snapped if he had to.

And we all know a very real part of him wants to.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

I need to take control of this situation, show him that I am calm because I have nothing to hide and capable, but not too capable so he doesn't break all my limbs thinking me some spy.

I can do that.

I smile brightly at his glowering face, "so ... where are we?" I ask looking pointedly at the landmass that was behind him.

"My home."

No explanation.

Great.

I nod, refusing to let my smile drop, "looks very lovely, are we going to get closer?"

Silence.

He stands up straight, sending every muscle in my body tight. His eyes bare into my own, "would you say you trust me?" He asks calmly, almost conversationally.

A fucking trap.

I give a tense giggle, "well, it depends, you know, on the day ... and what I've eaten," I add quietly not taking my eyes off of him.

His teeth clench, "and right now," he nearly snarls.

I blink slowly at him, "I'm pretty hungry, right now," I start, already watching the patience drain from his body, "but you did save me from being shot, even though you stripped me. I'd say moderate," and heading straight for 'not at fucking all'.

He sends me a dead look.

"I'm going to ask you questions, Katrina. You are going to answer them honestly and quickly."

The 'or else' was deeply implied.

"Ok," I nod trying not to noticeably sweat.

This was not going to end well, at all.

"Were you sent to me?" He growls eyes nearly burning off his face as he glares down at me.

I purse my lips, "like by God?"

He's on me in a second, large hands hauling me up as he crushes me in his grip, fury lining every inch of his face.

"You fucking snake," he snarls, "He sent you, didn't he! How the fuck did he replicate the bond?" He's nearly wild with rage as he shakes me slightly like he will rattle the answers out of me.

I press my hands into his chest, "what are you talking about?!" I ask him trying not to panic even as I watch the last dregs of his control slip.

Sparkling electricity flashes out of his body before sinking into my skin, suddenly forcing everything into hyper focus. Power and emotions swirl endlessly inside of me, making my knees weak as it washes over me like a wave.