🤎The hidden truth of job(13)🤎

MALLIKA

MALLIKA

Siddharth, why are you not accompanying me when you are aware that it will be difficult to catch Dr.Lahiri ?" Sumedh groaned in annoyance at his friend for sticking up to their plan and planning to stay at home instead of going with him.I, Siddharth and Avneet - we had made this short plan to stop Siddharth from going anywhere today as he owed me the explanation for putting up the risk of my life when he could easily get me out of here.

"I am feeling sick today. I have a terrible headache and I think I seriously need some rest." Siddharth replied pointing at his head. Sumedh looked at him for a moment before shaking his head.

"It's not about being sick. I am not saying that you shouldn't stay home and take rest. But it's very strange for you to take a random day off out of nowhere when you hardly stay away from any mission." He stated. Siddharth eyed him for a moment and then sighed.

"I know that but I need the day off. I guess I am really weak. Why is it hard to accept that I am not going with you all today?" He mumbled avoiding to meet Sumedh's eyes.

"Why won't it be hard to believe it? You are someone who doesn't miss any mission and you deciding to stay at home for some illnesses rarely happens. You have got sick before but you never missed out any work. Even when you were seriously wounded in that car accident, I told you to take rest. But within 2 days, you came out with your broken leg claiming to work. It's you who persisted on me to work during your tough days always. Then now you are just having a simple head and you are staying here. Isn't it very suspicious and weird ?" Sumedh pointed out. I bite my lip trying to think about any excuse after the valid reasons Sumedh said. It was getting more difficult with times. I looked from the corner of my eyes observing Siddharth who seemed to be as confused as me.

"Sumedh, you have to understand that he is sick and he won't go anywhere with you. And as a wife, I have this right to take care of him and spend times with him specially when we are meeting each other after long time."  Avneet said keeping her eyes firmly fixed on Sumedh as she stepped forward to stand beside Siddharth.

"His main focus is always on work and stuffs. But now he is avoiding it because of you. Considering the fact that he barely does something like that, I am having a hard time to process that he is going softie which is not suitable for gang." He said with a glint of mockery and sarcasm in his tone. I glared at him even though he didn't notice and cutsed him inwardly.

Time was passing, Sumedh and Avneet both were still involved in heated argument accusing each other for their deeds. Siddharth was not every making any move to interrupt them which was making me irritated. Suddenly Siddharth's eyes trailed towards me and I glared at him gesturing him to stop their argument right now. He smiled sheepishly in my direction and pointed his finger at me and then them gesturing me to go and stop their fight. I could feel my blood boil with every passing second. I scoffed in his direction and decided to put on the most girly act I had learnt from those television shows my grandmother watched.