🤎A break, A new life(66)🤎

Thanks a lot for so many comments in the last chapter

Thanks a lot for so many comments in the last chapter. After a long time, I have got so many reviews and trust me, I am so happy. You guys are the best. >333

MALLIKA

Sitting along in the cold, empty bedroom with nothing but the white and black walls to distract me, I keep staring at the newly made object on my lap. I brushed my fingertips over the paper and let out a loud sigh. As much as I was elated and overwhelmed with the fact that Sumedh was always there for me trying to comfort me with his warm embrace and soothing words, there was a lingering pain and nagging sensation in my heart regarding the fatal reminder of what I had done to my baby.

How much I tried not to go in the guilt trip by convincing myself that I did everything for love and I had valid reasoning for the huge loss, I couldn't help but feel the overwhelmed guilt of my deeds due to my stupidity. I remembered how I acted out of rationality and decided to be all hero disregarding how much risks I was putting on myself and my baby as well. I hated myself for being so paranoid and pulling a foolish stunt. I hated myself because I couldn't be the mother of Sumedh's children. I hated how I was incapable to bring new life in this world.

So I decided to do do what I should have done before. I was probably making a selfish move but I knew that whatever I was going to do would certainly do good for us. I couldn't care to think about myself anymore. I needed space and time. I needed to love myself and bring my old self back which had been lost with everything happening around me.

Taking the letter which I had written to Sumedh, I kept it just infront of the wedding picture of us on the bedside table. Releasing a deep breath, I went inside the washroom for taking a hot bath. I got out of my clothes and checked the temperature of the water. It was enough hot to take a relaxing bath. It was cold outside and I needed it badly. Without further thoughts, I slipped inside the bathtub. Feeling the warm water embracing my body, my muscles relaxed and I felt all tiredness going away. I closed my eyes with the sedative sensation and rested my head against the side.

*****
"Hey"

I opened my eyes to find Sumedh unfastening his clothes from his body.

"When did you come?" I asked sitting up inside the bathtub. He bent down to place a peck on my lips.

"Just now. The bathroom door was unlocked. Hence I figured out that you must be here. I decided to join you." He said with an excited gleam in his eyes and removed the last piece of cloth from his body. My eyes trailed from his head to toe taking in his birth glow. With tight muscles and well built physique, he looked devilishly handsome.

"Enjoying the view ?" He smirked at me winking in my direction.

"Yeah, you can say so." I replied without stammering. I was not ashamed or shy of flirting back with him. We had seen each other without clothes several times. It was nothing new.