🤎Cassey(59)🤎

I looked at my reflection in the mirror

I looked at my reflection in the mirror. I looked absolutely different. Not to mention, it was first time wearing something like that. Never in my life, I had thought that I would actually do belly dance infront of audiance. I was a professional classical dancer. I had learnt Kathak and Bharatnatyam in my childhood. Besides it, I had taken special course for western and modern dance forms such salsa, hip-hop, break dance and folkdance. Belly dancing was something which I had lately learnt for my own satisfaction. Dancing had been always my passion. Unfortunately several months had passed without dancing.

Mallika's attire

Mallika's attire

I knew that today I was going to use dance as kind of my weapon for a mission. It was giving me another kind of feelings whenever I was thinking about attending a stage. I had to do my best. For a dancer, it didn't matter where she/he was performing, whether it was big stage with a huge audiance or a small stage with minimum audiance. It was all about being graceful and showcasing its inner spirit throughout dancing. It felt astounding to know that I was going to dance after ages. I considered dancing as my inner peace. It was a true part of my life which was equally precious for me.

I was too lost in my thoughts to notice that Avneet had come in the makeup room. She tapped my shoulder breaking my trance. I looked back at her to find her all ready in her belly dance costume just like me. She was wearing a yellow belly dance costume along with some jewelleries and a mask. I was in a golden costume along with my chain mask as well. It was cold outside. Siddharth made sure to keep all the heaters on inside the bar otherwise we both would have been frozen because of such revealing outfits. Not that I did have grudge against provocative or revealing dresses but for me, situation and place matter. Like as an Indian, I valued my traditional attire a lot. So according to places , occasions and situations, I picked on my outfit.