🤎End of revenge(64)🤎

SUMEDH

SUMEDH

Numb

Shattered

Emotionless

Anger

Sad

These past days had been hectic for me. My brain and mind were conflicted. I couldn't find myself to bring back in any state to adjust with the reality. I was emotionally drained. Anything was not normal. Everything was falling apart. We were growing apart. The news of our incapacity to be parents had changed everything. Mallika and I had grown to be distant.

After her discharge from hospital, we both were maintaining an invisible and emotional distance. We both had built barriers between us. Our communication had been short and formal as if we were merely some acquaintances. Our relationship was deteriorating. It was not that I was not taking care of her. I had been there for her in every second whenever she had needed me. We shared the same house, same room and same bed yet there was a narrow wall between us. We were doing everything just like we used to do before including touching, kissing, hugging,sex but something was tearing us apart.

I had almost blocked out all the emotions making myself buried deep in works. I barely spent times to think about what was going on and what I should do. To be frank, our worlds were collapsing infront of us. We both were trying to block out the pain and feelings that were reason for our current condition. We both were aware about what was happening in our life and at the same time, we were clueless to make decisions or step froward to do any action. Hollowness and numbness had engulfed us in a way that had sheilded us from actively sensing the external battle of miseries, troubles and sufferings. An aweful phenomenon. My life was becoming lifeless and monotonous with absolutely nothing happening or none interfering.

I sighed in exhaustion when I closely went through some legal papers of our company's work. After Siddharth leaving the position of COO and joining in New york police department, I had to take all the responsibility single-handedly to maneuver the company. I was infact looking for someone who would be fit for COO position. I was under tremendous pressure which I didn't mind though at some point as it was helping me to keep my mind off from the other things.

A certain beeping sound of my phone broke my concentration. Without bothering to check who was calling, I simply accepted the call.

"Hello"

"Umm..Hello Riccardo" I immediately straightened up in my seat recognizing the voice easily.

"It's Mallika's uncle Luca speaking. " I raised my eyebrow.

"Yes Mr.Singh ,how are you doing? It's been long we have talked." I feigned pleasent behaviour just like always. I was infact little startled to know that he was now coming for the papers. He had got fair chances before yet he really hadn't braught out the matter infront of Mallika.

"Yeah, I am absolutely fine. What about you?" He asked.

"I am fine." I replied.

"Well, I have actually called for a family matter. I need to talk to Mallika but she is not picking up my calls."

"It's not a big deal. Actually something has happened recently which is why she is keeping distance with everybody. She is emotionally disturbed and needs space for herself to cope up with times." I didn't choose to speak about the entire issue. Instead I chose to reply in a simple way so that it didn't seem as if I was hiding something. Apparently I had spoken the truth also.