🤎Mourning over open wounds(63)🤎

Author POV

Author POV

He was sitting on the tool beside her bed. His eyes were immovable only eyeing at her unconscious body. Though he seemed to be solid in his position, his heart was yearning to hear her sweet voice,hold her in his arms and kiss her senselessly. He had been waiting for her to wake up soon but she refused to open her eyes as if she was aware about what she was going to know after she would wake up. In these two days, he never left her side. He had broken down into cries whenever he had recalled about her disability to be a mother. Siddharth and Ralph were there to support him in those moments. After hearing such news, he had become paralyzed with fear. Fear of losing Mallika.His eyes were red due to being sleep deprived for many days.

He was waiting for her to open her eyes, call his name and embrace him tightly. He missed her. He couldn't bear the silence whenever he would be with her. He missed how she used to throw her tantrums and sarcastic comments whenever he would do anything. He missed her sweet and caring side along with her heart-melting gestures towards him. He terribly missed their arguments, her banters and also those sad moments. Her face was reminding of her constant stream of rhythmic memories. If he would have the power, he would have simply gone back to the past and would have done anything to reverse the situation. But he couldn't do so. He might be a powerful gang leader as well as a billionaire but he could never be a life-saver. He knew that it was practically his fault that they had lost their child.

As if reading his mind, Mallika stirred in her sleep. Sumedh immediately noticed her movements and held her hand in his quickly standing up from the tool.

"Angel" He whispered,his eyes raking over her face impatiently taking in her features. He leaned a little closer to her face and rubbed his other arm on her wrist. She let out a shaky breath and a frown came up on her face.

"Mallika, you are awake."

Her eyelids fluttered open and she blinked her eyes trying to adjust with the brightness. Her eyes landed on the pair of hazel green orbs which were staring at her with so much intensity. A smile instantly tugged up to her lips seeing him beside her.

"Sumedh"  She said in her small raspy voice.

"Finally! You are awake. I was so worried about you. You got us scared, babe." He whispered and pressed a kiss on her forehead.She placed her palm on his left cheek caressing his skin.

"Are you OK?" She asked, her voice shaking due to the effect of wounds on her body.

"Shut up!" He sat beside her on the bed. "You are the one who was struggling with your life just hours ago and now you are asking me if I am fine."

He shook his head rolling his eyes at her. Then he slowly helped her to sit up on the bed. Circling his arm around her shoulder,he supported her to sit properly.

"I am here, baby." He replied as he pressed a small kiss on the side of her hair. She hummed in response and nuzzled her face into his neck more. They remained silent for the next few minutes only listening to their heartbeats. On the other hand, Sumedh was preparing himself to reveal her the truth. He definitely wouldn't be a fool to hide the truth from her. He was going to tell the truth whatever it would cost instead.