🤍2🤍

Tomatoes, onions but most it was garlic and ginger that filled the aroma. She added masalas to it. The color appeared richer than before. Soon the mashed potatoes and boiled peas filled the voids in between. She mixed them with tablespoons, rendering click sound and placed the lid on the stainless steel Kadai. The Bhaji was cooked. Pav were already kept on the kitchen table which their father bought from the supermarket for Rs 5 each.

So inexpensive and tasty, isn't it?

Indicolite drops struck the windows making it hazy. It was raining outside. She immediately wiped her palms with the cotton cloth placed beside her then fixing the dupatta to a side knot she immediately flew away outside. The moment she took a step out of the threshold her sole touched the viridians on the ground. She ran to the center of the garden. Raindrops damped her graphite bell-sleeved dress, sticking and hunching at lateral while her frock and dupatta twirled around like a little kindergartener with her. The dark color did play well in concealing the seen-through. She loved to feel the first drops of June on her skin, something which was akin to her as she grew up in the city near the beach.

"Amal, come inside, you will catch a cold," Faiqa shouted against the brisk of rain.

"Mummy 5 minutes more please I'll come inside after that."

She touched her palm to remove the droplets clearing her vision.

"Not more than 5 minutes ok?"

"Ok!"

Wildan typed on his laptop sipping his mint tea. He had an assignment to turn in tomorrow. Young droplets settled on his windowsill wettening it. He got up to close the window but peeked outside hearing the muffled voices of the mother-daughter duo.

"Ye kabhi nahi sudhregi. Mauka milna chahiye ise to bas bahar bhagneka," huffingly he shook his head.

(She will never optimize. She must get a chance to run outside.)

"Oye Chudail ho gaya bohot nachna, khana bana jake," he shouted from upstairs. She immediately bobbed her head looking at his figure, an instant glare formed on her wetted face and he smirked looking at this. How much he loved to harass her to no end.

(O' witch you have danced enough go and make food.)

"Bhukkad abhi to tumhari Mint Tea de haina. Chup chap se wo pio pahle."

(You voracious, recently I gave you Mint Tea. Drink that first silently.)

Wildan shortly stood at the window with the white gold accented cup turning it upside down.

"Dekh khatam ho gaye." He bit his lower lip looking at her. Her face flared, fists curled, a shriek left her mouth which he enjoyed gazing at.

(See it is empty.)

She ignored him, turning her back. He let out a throaty laugh at her instincts.

She was the drizzles to his flame, a sunshower together

His worries for tomorrow defenestrated and he remembered the beautiful lines.

I've tucked you in my poetry,

each letter a piece of you glued together in my scrapbook

Time spun through their watches and almost half a year skimmed away since his B.E. He was preparing for his interviews with the International companies who picked up top students from each batch every year. He interviewed for three more companies but nobody turned up to him. He was left devastated and continued to work at the local one which did earn him meager experience. It was the month of Ramadan. He sat on the mat weeping, asking forgiveness from his lord to wash away his sins, to get him a good job which benefits him with wealth to help the needy, sick and for Hajj one day Inshallah which had been his dream since his mother showed the photo of Khane Kaba at three. And at last, he prayed to ease the step towards convincing his other half. He folded his mat and the room of his door opened. A now figure of 5'5 entered in. The glint of the moon from the window lit her face as she neared him.

"Sehri is prepared. Come downstairs Daddy is asking of you."

"Tell him I...I am coming." His words came out weaker than expected. At an instant, he turned away from her to wipe his tears. She was very well conscious of the anxiety he was going through except for the last one. She stood to him face to face. His bad, the tear-stained cheeks, red nose, and slouched posture failed to conceal in the moonlight. A sigh left his nostril at what was now going to come,

"You never take care of yourself nor see the pain you are giving to people around you. What do you think that it is only you who is left with trials and difficulties in this entire world?"

He shut his eyelashes, gritting his teeth. He can't stand weak, at least not for his family. Her hiccups alerted his disheveled senses. Crashing howls of nearing street dogs from far, petrified the winds as they wavered vehemently. She stood sobbing quietly with them near the window of his room. His breath hitched in his throat, heart started to beat disruptively. She looked like an absolute Hoor crying for him. It was almost rare to watch them all serious let alone cry for each other. These stubborn brats were hell-bent to accept the fact that they shared a bond of love for each other except for one loved the other with different reverence. That night confirmed his rivers of thoughts. Indeed she loved him.

Or this is what he presumed

Soon the lack of photons was dissipated with iridescent rays peeking from behind the tree. The late-night studying and hard work as an intern were worth the time. He was selected by the company for a six-month internship in Bradford which may become permanent once they find him competent enough to continue for the job. He promised himself to embrace this golden ticket with passion and dedication to his full potential.

The first mission in his journal of goals was almost accomplished; the next would be soon after six months. A grin curved his lips as he confirmed his thoughts loudly with an "Inshallah!"

After Eid, he left his city to explore the implored hope written in the palm lines of his fortune. Earlier the internship was fixated for six months but the hard work that he dedicated to the firm provided him a chance as a permanent employee. He wanted to return home latter to eight months of his stay but the slithering slathering pandemic broke out havoc on the phase of earth blocking flights and every route to pass through the borders.

━━━━━ ☄˖⁺ ⸙͎۪۫˖⁺ ☂ ୭━━━━━

𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐄

━━━━━ ☄˖⁺ ⸙͎۪۫˖⁺ ☂ ୭━━━━━
~𝙛𝙡𝙤𝙧𝙖𝙡𝙬𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙚𝙨

𝕙𝕠𝕝𝕒𝕒𝕒...! 𝔸𝕊𝕊𝔸𝕃𝔸𝕄𝕌𝔸𝕃𝔸𝕀𝕂𝕌𝕄 𝔹𝔼ℍℕ𝕆 𝔸𝕌ℝ 𝕌ℕ𝕂𝔼 𝔹ℍ𝔸𝕀𝕐𝕆.... ;)

𝕋𝕙𝕖𝕤𝕖 𝕒𝕦𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕣𝕤 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕜𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕙𝕒𝕣𝕕 𝕘𝕠 𝕓𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕛𝕠𝕪 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕥𝕒𝕚𝕟𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕥 𝕥𝕠 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕘𝕦𝕪𝕤.
𝕊𝕠 𝕡𝕝𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕒𝕜𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕚𝕣 𝕕𝕒𝕪 𝕓𝕪 𝕤𝕡𝕒𝕞𝕞𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕟𝕠𝕥𝕚𝕗𝕚𝕔𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟𝕤 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕤 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕧𝕠𝕥𝕖𝕤.

𝔻𝕠 𝕗𝕠𝕝𝕝𝕠𝕨 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕒𝕦𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕣 𝕚𝕗 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕨𝕒𝕟𝕟𝕒 𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕕 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕚𝕣 𝕠𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕜𝕤 𝕥𝕠𝕠.

~ℕ𝕦𝕘𝕘𝕖𝕥