4❣️

It was one fine Sunday evening when Aakifah was sitting on her balcony with a cup of tea in her hand glimpsing at the clear blue sky, with cotton-like clouds present in it. It looked so serene and peaceful but the calmness around her was broken due to her mother's sound.

"Beta, zara yaha toh aana Tumhari phupphi aayi he!" Her mother said, calling her to go and greet her but she didn't budge from her place.

( "Dear, come here and meet your aunt!")

Why should she go? Isn't she one of the people who talked awful things about her when her engagement broke! Aakifah has seen everyone's true colours in that difficult situation. No one was there to support her, No one was even trying to understand her situation. Instead they all were busy creating new gossips and theories every day on what could have happened? She even has heard till the point where She slept with him and now he refused her to accept her as his wife!

She has gone through that all alone, her parents were devastated and ashamed, they couldn't say anything in their daughter's defense, they were helpless and Aakifah was the eldest among her siblings, she had to take care of her two younger sisters. That's why she hardened her heart, came out of her shell and did it all!

She rose from her failure, and from that time she avoided talking to all those two-faced people. Now when they are in a good position because of her job, her so-called relatives are back again with their sugar-coated talks but she won't be getting into the trap of their talks now.

After her engagement broke, and rumours were on peak, no good alliances came for her; that's when she decided to not get married at all. If she won't find someone who would love her, or trust her or promise her to spend his entire life with her then she won't marry at all. One of the reasons why she is single.

~*~

The next day, on Monday she went to the office and busied herself with the work. During the lunch break when she was scrolling through her mobile she collided with someone and instantly 'sorry' was out of her mouth before she could look up at the person.

She saw the person in her front and her apologising expression changed into blank. Her expressions turned hard as she saw his mother standing there looking at her with bitter expressions.

"I am sorry" Aakifah again said as she collided with her due to her mistake.

"You should be" Came to her bitter response, closing her eyes she controlled the bubbling anger inside her. And went away from there avoiding unnecessary drama.

Safiya Qureshi was here to see her son and in the middle of her way she met with Aakifah, her mood went sour seeing her there and with anger, she marched towards her son's cabin.

"What is that girl doing here?" Safiya asked the first thing after seeing him. "Who?" Sabur asked unknown to the whole situation.

"That low-class Aakifah!" Safiya spat and his anger rose hearing such a thing about her. "She works here" Sabur replied in a blank voice going back to his work. "So she is here again, last time..." Safiya was saying but got cut off due to her son's voice.

"I don't want to hear a word against her. And we will talk about it at home. I don't want to create any scene at my workplace." Sabur said, pinching the bridge of his nose.

Safiya looked at him for a whole minute and with a distasteful look, she exited his cabin with anger. She was on the way back to the exit when she saw Aakifah coming out from the restroom wiping her face and hands. When Safiya saw her she went towards her and stood in front of her.

"So you are here also to make my Son mad behind you!? But hear me out clearly, this time you won't be succeeding in your plan, I haven't approved of you in the past and would never approve of you in future as well. So stay away from my son!" Safiya said enormously to Aakifah who looked at her with bored expressions.