Wanna Love You

"A new found joy I can't contain. Find myself thinking 'bout your love. It's a feeling I get only my heart can explain," - Donnell Jones

Lacey couldn't believe the difference a year made. Her birthday was tomorrow and Valentine's Day was 3 days away. Last year she was kicking it with her friends for her birthday but spent Valentine's Day alone. This year...this year was totally different. Her and Jay were pushing 10 months into their relationship so she wanted to make sure Valentine's Day was special.

Last month at the beginning of the year, Lacey and Drena made another fitness goal and began vlogging it to keep themselves accountable. They decided Jay's program was too intense for them and did their own thing. That morning they had taken a kickboxing class and then went to the park to stretch. Lacey found herself highly anticipating the weekend.

"So Darius wants to take a trip," Drena said. Lacey smiled.

"Oh that's romantic," she said. "Where?"

"He won't tell me and you know I hate that. Plus I feel like with this wedding coming up in two months we don't need to go anywhere," Drena said. Lacey laughed. "What y'all got planned?"

"Well you know how I feel about his chef," Lacey said. Drena laughed. "So he's setting up a dinner at his house. I didn't want to do too much since it's our first Valentine's Day together."

"I know he loves your basic ass," Drena teased. Lacey stuck her tongue out and they laughed.

"The money I spent on his gift wasn't basic at all," Lacey said. "I'm still low key pressed about it."

"What you get?" Drena asked, pushing Lacey's knee closer to the ground. She groaned before pushing her hand away.

"These custom ass one of a kind sneakers he won't shut up about," Lacey said. Drena laughed.

"That's what's up. You decide on birthday plans?"

"Not really," Lacey said. "I really don't think I'll be doing anything."

"I hate that I got booked for an event that day."

"Girl! Get your coins. I'll be 30 all year."

Drena laughed. "We'll do something when I get back. Oh! Maybe I can just take Darius with me to San Diego and make it a weekend thing."

Lacey nodded. "That way all your expenses are paid."

"I don't know why I didn't think of that," Drena giggled. Lacey shook her head.

"Cause you were in work mode. You decide how much time you're going to take off for your honeymoon?"

"We both decided that week away would be enough. Everyone else is only going to be there for two days so it works out."

Lacey nodded. "I can't wait to go. Hopefully Jay's schedule works out so he can come. When can I see my dress though?"

"You and every other bridesmaid can leave me alone."

Lacey laughed. "Cool. I'll just bother Elayna."

"Good!" Drena said. "My sister has been slacking on her maid of honor duties anyway."

"Is Darius' cousin still tripping?" Lacey asked.

"Nah, Janae seems to be getting with the program, but I still have my eye on her. I'm honestly just ready for this to be over with."

Lacey nodded.

The girls finished their workout and parted ways. Lacey decided to go to Jay's house instead of going home. When she got there, his place was surprisingly empty.