Shift

"Yeah I know that you're my nigga, and that's why I'm fucking with you. And I don't know how to pretend, I hate falling in love with my best friend," Lloyd

Lacey groaned as she woke up in the same pain she'd felt in the week sleeping on Aunt Marcie's couch

Lacey groaned as she woke up in the same pain she'd felt in the week sleeping on Aunt Marcie's couch. She looked up at the ceiling, trying to make sure she heard movement. The twins would need to be ready for school soon and today she was driving them.

Aunt Marcie was still unresponsive. Tricia spent most of her time there. Rici, Marcus and Wanny weren't able to get much time off, but Rici was able to switch her schedule a few days. Lacey was pretty much driving the twins around. They were old enough to watch themselves.

"Who cooking?" Lacey yelled towards the kitchen once she smelled food. She looked up to see Taylor in the doorway.

"Wondered when you'd get up," he joked. Lacey rolled her eyes.

"Hello to you, too."

Taylor smirked before they heard little feet running down the hallway. Lacey smiled to see Savanna run to her daddy.

"Hey favorite girl," he said, kissing her. "You wanna help me cook?"

She nodded. "Yes!"

Lacey got up to get her hygiene out of the way before she tried to get some work done. Drena was understanding about the situation, but Lacey didn't feel right doing nothing so she was answering emails and confirming appointments via email.

She worked a little while until Mel and MJ were ready to go to school.

"I don't know why we can't get a car and drive ourselves," MJ said. Mel agreed.

"You got car money?" Lacey teased. Mel sucked her teeth.

"You got it, big celebrity hanging out with The Game and stuff," MJ said.

"He is so fine," Mel replied.

"And grown," Lacey said. "Watch your mouth, girl."

"I'm almost grown," Mel mumbled. Lacey ignored her and kept driving. Once she got them off to school, she went to the hospital to check on Tricia.

"Any updates?" she asked, handing Tricia some food.

"Thank you, baby," Tricia said. "No, they said they are going to try and see if she can breathe on her own today."

"Well, that's progress."

"When you headed back to LA?" Tricia asked. Lacey frowned, folding her legs under her on the hospital couch.

"When Auntie wake up."

"Baby, you don't need to mess up your money just watching her."

"Nothing is messed up," Lacey said, waving her off. Her phone buzzed and she saw it was Jay. "Excuse me, Momma," she said, while hitting accept and walking out of the room.