LA Night Life

"Party ain't a party til its ran all through and leave it to my crew it's gon be playa proof." - Queen Pen

Lacey sighed as she got another notification from an Instagram tag. Her phone had been blowing up all day and right now she was trying to finish sending invoices out so she could go home. Before she could turn her phone off, X called.

"What's good?"

"I'm not going out with you no more," she said. X laughed.

"Girl, don't sweat no damn picture, you look good...mean as hell though."

Lacey had to laugh. "They blowing us holding hands way out of proportion."

"It ain't they business to know you clumsy as hell in heels."

Lacey laughed again. "Whatever, Xavier. What you doing?"

"About to go eat, you down."

Lacey nodded as if he could see her. "I need like 30 more minutes here."

"Aight, what you want?"

Lacey sucked her teeth. "What you mean? Where were you going?"

"I ain't have no plans for real. I was bullshitting," he said. Lacey laughed.

"X," she said, sucking her teeth. "Let me just cook then, we been out all week."

"Let me handle dinner and then you can cook breakfast."

He said it so quick that Lacey couldn't do anything but blush. It had been a couple weeks since the lingerie party and they'd been out countless times together. They hadn't had sex yet, but they definitely were building up a sexual tension that Lacey wasn't mad about. They had no expectations of each other outside of having fun and Lacey loved that. It wasn't any pressure with him plus he loved to feed her and take her out.

"Aight playa," she said. "But I want Holbox."

"Let me know when you ready to jet."

"Let's just meet there in an hour."

"Niggas just said 30 minutes," he said. Lacey laughed.

"It takes me 20 to get there," she explained.

"Yeah, okay. Don't make me wait."

Lacey bit her lip. "I won't."

"Then the girl tried to tell me she ain't pregnant when the only thing sticking out is her belly."

Lacey laughed hard as she ate a chip loaded with guacamole. "That doesn't mean she pregnant."

"Shit, the test I made her take did."

Lacey stopped laughing. "What? You forced her to take a test?"

"Damn right. What I look like letting a bottle girl walk around and take shots and she pregnant?"