Love Beyond Flaws

"Are you that somebody who sees a wall and breaks it? Are you ready to fight just to see what's lost behind my flaws?" - Ella Mai

He had been watching her for twenty minutes. The sun peeking in gave him the perfect view. He couldn't hear her mumbling in her sleep because of the waves crashing against the shore outside. Her curls were all over her face. He knew if she'd seen it she'd be proud; she had been trying to grow her hair since he'd met her.

The short time he'd known her had been crazy. Seeing their relationship change from good friends to lovers was insane. He hadn't expected her to be all she was to him. He'd admit he fought it for a little while, but they were here now.

Jayceon licked his lips and chuckled at himself before pulling his phone out and opening his SnapChat app. Only thing visible was her lips. He took a few before picking his favorite one and hitting the "T" to make a caption.

"Reminds me in dark times keep something bright near me."

He wasn't going to admit this to her, but the other day when she had a panic attack, it freaked him out. Watching her skin go pale and her struggling to breathe was scary. He felt helpless because he couldn't do anything but call 911. He didn't know what he would have done if Drena hadn't been there to help. Even if there were some issues there, she still took care of Lacey when she needed it.

He was used to pressure, but knew that his woman needed a break and he could honestly use one himself. Since his uncle passed away, he had been on autopilot. It wasn't until his little rant last week that he realized he needed to chill. That's why it was a no brainer to take this little impromptu trip to Bali.

The Padma Resort Ubud was recommended to him by one of his lawyers. The tranquility of the grounds immediately put both of them at peace. The openness and view from the suite was gorgeous and instantly made Jay add two more days to their original 3-day stay. He booked the two-room suite because the one-bedroom didn't have a shower and he wanted options. They put all of their luggage in one bedroom and slept in the other. Although the shower and toilet area were inside the room, the large garden tub sat elevated over a bed of smooth rocks on the balcony that opened up to the living area. You could also see it from the floor-to-ceiling windows in the bathroom. Lacey loved the natural light but was glad they had black out curtains.

They got there yesterday morning. Lacey slept the whole plane ride and half the day. He started to get bored, but let her rest. When she woke up, it was worth it. They'd had sex for hours before both of them called it a night. Now, the next morning, he was up watching her sleep, waiting for her to wake up again.

"Stop being a creep," Lacey mumbled, moving around on the bed. "Come here."

Jay waited until she moved her curls to look at him before getting up. He watched her bite her lip as she scanned his body with her eyes.