Play No Games

"I know what your problem is, you don't really see the big picture," - Chris Brown

Cassidy grinned as she listened to her dad tell her how proud he was that she'd been offered a full-time position at her internship

Cassidy grinned as she listened to her dad tell her how proud he was that she'd been offered a full-time position at her internship. Well, she was halfway listening because her group message to Robin and Megan was blowing up. She'd been so happy to get the offer letter that she told them both she wanted to go out that night. Megan sent five gifs back to back because Cassidy never wanted to go with her and her friends. Robin was just as shocked.

"So is the pay good?" he asked.

"Yes," Cassidy said. "Anything is better than an unpaid internship though," she joked.

"As long as you can take over your insurance and phone bill," he said. "I'll still handle the rest."

Cassidy smiled. "Thanks Daddy."

"I'm about to head into a meeting, so call me later."

"Love you."

"Love you more."

Just as Cassidy was hanging up the phone, Megan came walking through her open bedroom door. Cassidy laughed at her. She was biting her lip, her eyebrows were raised and she was side stepping into the room.

"What are you being sneaky about?"

"Can I pick out your clothes for tonight?"

Cassidy frowned. "What? No!"

Megan pouted while standing up straight. "Please? We celebratin' and I need you to be giving off 'I can take your man vibes.'" Meg moved her hands around as she talked to emphasize her point.

Cassidy snickered. "No, Meg."

"You really be hiding a bomb little body though."

"Okay?" Cassidy said.

"Just let me see what you planned to wear then," she said, not giving up.

Cassidy shrugged. "I hadn't even thought about it yet. Where we going?"

Meg huffed. "Oh wow."

Cassidy threw a pillow at her and she laughed. "Leave me alone. I need a nap first."

"Go 'head old lady," Meg said, turning to walk out of Cassidy's room, making sure to flip her long ponytail. Cassidy smiled as she saw a notification from FACE's business page, announcing her position with a picture of all three of them at the field day they went to. She hit Comment before laughing at herself.

"I feel like Halle Berry at the Oscars."

She got a few likes and laughing replies before she switched her phone to Do Not Disturb and laid down to take a nap.

About two hours later, Cassidy woke up to loud music in the living room. She rolled her eyes when she heard Megan saying "turn up" but frowned when she her Robin's voice as well. Cassidy slid out of her bed and walked to her door, leaning on the frame.