Ex

"It's messed up how messed up you messed my mind up," - Dani Leigh

Lacey tapped her foot against the tile as she looked around to make sure everything was perfect

"Cleaning crew is done," Drena said. "It's so fresh and bright in here."

"This was a bad idea," Lacey said.

"Calm down girl," Drena said. "You obviously need this closure."

"I don't want his energy in here," Lacey said.

"We'll sage when he leaves," Drena joked. Lacey smirked and looked at her.

"Thanks friend," she said. "You're the best."

"Of course. Better to meet your ex here than let him in your place. We don't need anymore slip ups," Drena said. Lacey laughed. She pulled on the end of her ponytail, but Drena smacked her hand away. Lacey huffed before going over to their bar station and looking through the pods.

"You had coffee yet?" Lacey asked, holding up Drena's favorite dark roast. Drena shook her head and smiled.

"No I haven't, thanks boo....Oh, I think he's early."

Lacey's eyes widened but didn't turn around. "What?"

"He's tall tall, friend," Drena said.

"You sure it's him?"

Before Drena could respond, Drena walked over and unlocked the door.

"Welcome to FACE," Drena said. "Where we Focus All Creative Energy. Are you here to rent a space?"

"How you doing?" Carson said. "I'm here for her."

"Oh," Drena said

"Oh," Drena said. "Okay. Well...."

"Carson."

"Nice to meet you Carson," Drena said, walking over. Lacey handed her the mug of coffee before turning around. "I'll be in my office."

"Hey," Lacey said.

Carson looked her up and down. "Hey."

Lacey sighed. "You want some coffee or something?"