Truly Yours

"Are you gonna be in love with me. I want you and need you to be...still in love with me."

Things had turned around for the better since their trip. Jay had finally found a new sound he loved and was getting back into his music. That may have been in part by him overworking himself, but Lacey didn't want to say much since he was excited about his new music.

Beauty on a Budget recently hit 250k subscribers on Youtube. Lacey was back in the grove of it all, especially since Cali helped her figure out how to do Reels on IG. That was bringing in a lot of new followers. Although the last deal with Toni fell through, the last project she did with them was getting recognition in the short film world around town. That brought in some inquiries on her creative directing. Lacey was really excited about that. She built a portfolio for event planning and started a video series on that as well.

With the E! News feature story live and buzzing around social media and news websites, business was booming. FACE was now 3 years old and the new security system to allow 24 hour access to their clients was up and working. It had brought some new faces and new money. Lacey and Drena were happy.

But today was a very special day and she planned to take full advantage of it. Today was her and Jay's one year anniversary.

One year since they made it official in her office after arguing about Jay's studio session turned party. Lacey thought back to everything that transpired and couldn't believe it had only been a year.

Jay wanted to go out of town again, but it was literally only a few weeks since their Bali trip so Lacey begged him to keep it simple. Blocking off their calendar for the weekend was her compromise.

She spent the morning getting ready. Hair, nails, and makeup. She'd gotten waxed a few days before. Jay wanted her to get ready at the house but Lacey wanted to be extra and get ready at home so he wouldn't see her until she was all the way ready. She packed a bag as he instructed and drove to his house, ready to get their celebration started.

 She packed a bag as he instructed and drove to his house, ready to get their celebration started

"Damn," he said when she walked in. Lacey blushed but then frowned when she looked at him.

"Baby, I asked you to wear brown or cream," Lacey whined as her heels clicked against the floor

"Baby, I asked you to wear brown or cream," Lacey whined as her heels clicked against the floor. Jay ignored her, licking his lips as he looked over her body.