Work Comes First

"Go hard. Make sure you do whatever is that you gotta do, that's your job," - Wiz

Lacey wiped her hands to keep them from sweating as she looked over her notes on her MAC screen

Lacey wiped her hands to keep them from sweating as she looked over her notes on her MAC screen. She had been in the office all morning, filming so she had more makeup on than she wanted. She thought about wiping it off, but figured she could film a lookbook with the outfits Drena had set aside for her in her last Pretty Little Thing haul. Hopefully, her meeting with Cali would go smoothly and she'd have some motivation to film more afterwards.

Lacey couldn't control her anxiety, so she called someone that she knew would get her mind off of work.

"What's up, shawty," Aiden answered. Lacey instantly smiled.

"Nothing much, shawty, sitting at work waiting for my next client

"Nothing much, shawty, sitting at work waiting for my next client."

"And you called me? I'm feeling really special right now."

Lacey giggled. "Whatever jerk. How's my baby girl?"

"My baby girl," he corrected her. Lacey rolled her eyes. "Getting on my nerves as always," he said. Lacey laughed. "Being just like her daddy. I'll have her Facetime you later."

"Airyn," Lacey sang her name. "You fight yourself all day," she said. He agreed. "What else been going on?"

Lacey sighed. "Just trying not to get overwhelmed."

"You looked a little stress in your last live video," he said. Lacey rolled her eyes.

"You didn't help with all your petty comments."

Aiden laughed. "I was just trying to help you out with some content. You welcome. Hit my Cash App."

Lacey laughed before leaning back in her chair.

She and Aiden and fallen back into their initial friendship like clockwork. The difference between their first break up and their second was a mutual understanding. Lacey had ended their high school love affair on insecurities and distance. The second time around, they just realized they were better off as friends. He had been the only consistent male in her life outside of Marcus and her Uncle Arik, so she valued his friendship.