Chapter Thirty-Nine

Spencer's eyes scan over information that scatters across three computer screens, her fingers typing away as Tony's suit feed plays as he deals with his own weapons in Gulmira. He's blowing off steam against the bad guys that have his weapons. It's a start to stop them. They will have to deal with the actual supplier eventually but for now Tony can get them off of the streets and away from the civilian masses. Trinity bounces on Spencer's knee, rather entertained by the movement of the chair as Spencer works. She can multitask. She's a mother, she does that most of the time anyway. But even as a hunter she learnt how to be capable of doing what needs to be done whilst being aware of everything else around her.

"That's it" Tony's voice states through the feed. "Last man down....last weapon destroyed" He lets out a breath and she can tell that there has been some weight lifted from his shoulders, knowing that these guys at least can't use his weapons to wreak destruction. "On my way home," Tony assures her. "Chinese and a movie?"

"Sounds great" She offers. "I'll order it now" She opens a drawer in the desk and pulls out a menu from the top draw in the desk. She hums away to herself and it doesn't take long for Tony to hum along with her. Trinity pokes her mother's cheek and Spencer winks at her, causing the girl to laugh and then hum along with her parents. "Just the usual?" She then asks.

"You know what....let's go crazy, get one of everything" Tony answers.

"We're not going to eat that much" She scolds as she sets Trinity on the floor and then hands her the art station.

"Urm says who?" Tony defends. "Have you seen how much your daughter shovels away into that black hole of hers?" Spencer smirks at her daughter. "And I've seen you eat two entire pizzas by yourself, Beautiful...." Spencer makes a noise of argument as Trinity takes the art station and sits on a bean bag as Spencer moves to the twins who are starting to fuss in their baskets. Spencer checks her watch and then hums a little. It is nearly feeding time for them too. "How're the babies?" Tony asks softly.

"They're fine" She assures him as she picks up Serenity, cradling her in her arms softly. "Perfect..." She adds softer and kisses Serenity's head.

.......

Later: Spencer sits on the balcony, baby monitor on the table beside her as she watches the sun set beyond. The twins are fed and asleep, Trinity is tucked in her bed and sleeping soundly. She is just waiting for Tony to come back. She runs her fingers through her hair and lets out a breath. Worried about him. She could go downstairs and turn on the computers again, but he was flying home, she didn't think she needed her eyes anymore. A streak flashes past her, startling her. She stands and moves to the balcony railing before turning and hurrying back inside.

...........

Spencer moves down the stairs to the workshop, the lights coming on as she pushes open the door. She lets out a breath as her eyes find Tony. He is sitting on the couch, the armour scarred and still smoking. Helmet off, bleeding from the nose and ears. He pushes himself up and goes to move towards her but he's clearly battered and bruised.

"Honey, I'm home" He manages before he stumbles, Spencer moves to him and holds him up. He leans into her side and kisses her head.

"Dum-E" She starts softly as she passes the robotic arm. He whirls and nods his little arm as if understanding what she's asking. "U" Spencer adds.

"Don't break anything" Tony scolds a little in warning, as Dum-E and U move closer to help Spencer get the remains of the suit off of Tony.

"What happened?" She asks. "You were fine...."

"US...DOD" He answers as he helps her with one of the seams. "No-fly zone..." He adds, she sighs a little and shakes her head. He touches her face as she worries over him. "Tired" He whispers and she nods.

"I know" She offers softly and leans into his hand.

........

Tony wakes to Spencer moving around their bedroom, pulling on her shoes. She's going out, that much he can tell, he just can't remember if she told him where or why. He doesn't mind she's going out, but he is mildly panicking that he might have to look after three kids on his own. He loves them, adores them, but there are three of them and he isn't as good at it as Spencer is.

"Spence?" He asks. She glances at him and grabs her bag and coat from the end of the bed.

"Hey, I didn't want to wake you" She admits.

"What's going on?"

"Pepper will be here to watch the kids in an hour," She tells him. "Babies are fed and changed, Trinity is going to bring her dolls in here so you can play with her" Tony nods a little as he watches her. "Try and get some rest whilst Pepper's here watching them..." She touches her lip and he nods. His lip is still pretty cut up from his close call with the DOD.

"And where are you going?" He asks, she kisses him softly and then pulls back.

"I just have an errand to run" She answers softly pulling on her coat. "I won't be long" Trinity then walks into the room with an arm full of dolls. Spencer and Tony share a look. "Good luck with that...she's in a mood"

"Oh no," Tony comments and helps Trinity onto the bed. "What's wrong, princess?" Spencer slips out of the room, leaving them to their father-daughter bonding moment. She's got a task to do. She's going for proof. She's going to prove that Stane is against Tony. That he's making all this harder on Tony. She's not about to let someone hurt her husband like this. She's not about to let him get away with what he's done.