Chapter Thirty-Four

Tony and Spencer sit on the floor against the back of the couch, seemingly hiding. Tony fiddles with something in his lap as Spencer listens to something in the next room before looking down to her lap.

"Are you ready?" Tony asks Spencer who hums and nods at his side. They share a look, she smirks.

"Are you?" She counters, he chuckles, holds up a small water gun and gives her a look.

"She is going down," He tells her, she gives him a look.

"She is your daughter and 29 months old" She reminds him. "Please don't take this too seriously" He winks at her and heads out of cover in search of his daughter, Spencer sighs, she has a feeling she is going to be fixing a boo-boo at some point this day. There is a girly scream down the hall followed by Tony's laughter. "Oh, this bodes well" Spencer comments and then hurries in that direction. Trinity is running away from Tony, clutching her own water gun as he squirts water at her. Spencer smiles softly though, seeing Tony having fun with his daughter.

"Pew pew" Tony shouts, Trinity giggles away as she runs around the furniture, Tony close on her heels. Spencer leans against the wall and just watches them as they play together.

..........

Tony pouts at Spencer who gives him a look back, he holds out his finger, there is a very, very minor cut on it. But Spencer was right. She is now having to fix a boo-boo. Granted she honestly thought it would Trinity but here Tony is. She wraps a band-aid around Tony's finger and he smiles softly as she takes care of him.

"Kiss it better?" He teases, she chuckles and kisses his band-aid covered finger. "Feels better already" He offers as he pulls her closer.

"You are such a child" She whispers warmly, he nods in agreement. Spencer gasps as water hits her back, Trinity's chuckle echoing behind her. "Okay, that's it!" Spencer grabs her own water gun and turns to Trinity who chuckles and then squirts her mother again, right in the face. Tony chuckles hiding behind Spencer. "I'm coming for you, Princess" Trinity giggles and runs away. Spencer chuckles softly and then follows after her.

...............

Later; Trinity takes a nap on a couch in Tony's workshop, the twins sleeping in their basket close by. Tony's suit is now comprised of a stabilizer belt, partially chromed propulsion boots and the Mark II gauntlets. Spencer moves around him, attaching sensors and wires. Tony's eyes following her as she gets him and his wire and tubing suit ready for the first real test. Spencer attaches a sensor to his boots and then moves to the computer.

"Ready?" She asks him, Tony tests the movement of his arms and legs before nodding.

"Yeah" He answers, takes a breath and then fires up the boots, hovers. Then he fires the gloves to stabilize. Weaving, tilting. He 'surfs' mid-air, trying to maintain balance, slowly getting the hang of it. Spencer smiles watching him. "Okay, I'm going to move" He offers.

"Be careful..." She warns, he hums and nods, then he ventures forward, moving along the expanse of the lab. Dodging pieces of equipment, his car collection, a few near misses but he maintains control. Debris and objects are blown from tables from the propulsive force. He laughs and looks at Spencer.

"Nothing to it..." He tells her, she smiles back at him. She can't believe they actually did it. He cuts the propulsion and lands. "All right." He rubs his hands together. "Let's get to work"

...........

Spencer moves around the kitchen as she gets Trinity's breakfast ready, the girl sat in her high chair waiting patiently with her stuffed toy clutched to her chest. Her cell phone rings on the counter and Spencer grabs it before answering, picking up a bowl for Trinity.

"Hey" Spencer greets as she sets a bowl of porridge in front of Trinity.

"Hey, Spence" Dean grants down the phone. "Are you busy?"

"No, just breakfast time" She answers. "What's going on?"

"I'm just checking in" Dean offers. "It's been a really tough few days....months actually....just wanted to hear your voice"

"Do you want to talk about it?" Spencer asks.

"No, no, just concentrate on your family....you don't need to worry about what's happening with us," Dean tells her.

"I'm always going to worry, Dean, you're my brothers....and I love you"

"Mushy" Dean teases a little. "But I get it....we're being careful" She hums a little, not really believing that. "Sam's just got back with food, want to talk to him"

"Yeah, please" Spencer answers.

"Hey, Spence" Sam greets as he takes the phone from Dean.

"Dean says you've had a tough deal" Spencer offers.

"Yeah...it's just some stuff that's going on with the angels" Sam admits. "Ow!.... Stop hitting me, Dean" Sam scolds, Spencer frowns.

"What's going on?" Spencer asks them.

"We just don't want to worry you about anything until we have more information" Dean offers, Spencer narrows her eyes because Dean is trying to be diplomatic and it doesn't work for him. "We'll call you later, bye, be careful" Dean then hangs up, Spencer makes a noise and looks at Trinity who shrugs a little back at her.

"Boys suck, Trinity" Spencer offers. "Become a lesbian; I assume it's easier than dealing with men; sometimes I wish I was a lesbian" Tony pokes his head around the doorway to look into the kitchen.

"I heard lesbian" he states, Spencer gives him a look. "What are talking about?"

"I was telling Trinity that being a lesbian would be easier for her, that she wouldn't have to deal with dating a guy" Spencer admits. Tony raises an eyebrow at her. "Excluding you, of course," Spencer quickly adds, Tony hums a little. "Would it bother you?" She asks him. "If she was"

"Nah" Tony answers. "She is who she is...gay, straight, asexual....what is that other one?"

"Pansexual?" She asks, he nods.

"Yeah, whatever she is....still our daughter" He assures them both, Spencer smiles at him softly, he shrugs a little. "We got any ice cream?"

"It's 8 in the morning" Spencer points out, he shrugs and moves to the freezer in search of ice cream. Trinity makes grabby hands at Spencer.

"Mommy" She begs, Spencer hums and looks at her.

"What's wrong, Princess?" She asks. "You not hungry?"

"She doesn't like your porridge" Tony answers for her. "Put some honey in it" Spencer gives him a look, he shrugs a little and gives her a smile.

"What's wrong with my porridge?" She asks him, he kisses her cheek and sets the ice cream box on the counter.

"It's just a little.....bleh" He answers. "She's a sugar fiend like her daddy" He adds and winks at Trinity. Spencer hums and looks between them both.