Chapter Four

Dean stands with Spencer at the front door, her brothers have stayed, filled her in and now heading back out, she doesn't mind, she knows they love her, but she is going to miss them, and hunting, despite how much she loves being a mother, and wife, she will miss that part of her life. Dean hands over Trinity to her mother who sets her against her lip.

"We're a phone call away" Dean assures her brushing his fingers over Trinity's cheek whilst smiling at Spencer.

"I'm really glad you're back" she whispers. "I'm really sorry" he shakes his head.

"No" he argues. "No, it's okay, it's forgotten and forgiven" he kisses her forehead. "I made that choice" he whispers. "It was never on you" he pulls her closer. "I'd do anything for you and that little girl..." she sniffles and pulls away from him. "And go easy, yeah" he offers. "Take care of your family...."

"I always will" she argues looking at him, Dean looks down and nods realizing just what she meant. Sam kisses Spencer's cheek and touches her back as he joins them.

"I'll text you later" he offers warmly, she hums in agreement as Trinity sniffles into her neck.

"Be careful" she warns them both, Dean nods, hesitating in leaving, Sam moves to the door to wait for him. "Dean" Spencer pushes, Dean sighs a little and moves to pull her and Trinity into a hug. "We're okay" she assures him, he nods a little and pulls away, they share a look before he and Sam leave, Spencer sighs a little and looks to Trinity who plays with her hair. "Let's go find your daddy" she offers turning away from the door to look for Tony.

............

Spencer lingers just out of sight to listen to Tony and Trinity, both huddled together in her bedroom, curled up on the rocking chair by the window. She leans back against the wall behind her and smiles.

"Once when a lion, the king of the jungle, was fast asleep, a tiny little mouse began jumping up and down on him" Tony reads softly. "This soon woke the lion, who placed his huge paw on the tiny mouse, and opened his big jaws to swallow him whole. 'Pardon, O King!' cried the little mouse. 'Forgive me this time. I shall never repeat it and I shall never forget your kindness. And who knows, I may be able to do you a good turn one of these days!" The lion was so tickled by the idea of the mouse being able to help him that he lifted his paw and let him go. Sometime later, a few hunters captured the lion, and tied him to a tree. After that they went in search of a wagon, to take him to the zoo. Just then the little mouse happened to pass by. On seeing the lion's plight, he ran up to him and gnawed away the ropes that bound him, the king of the jungle. 'Was I not right?' said the little mouse, very happy to help the lion" Tony stands from the chair, Trinity now asleep against his chest. "Come on, Princess" he coos softly moving towards the crib against the wall. He tucks her in, careful not to wake her before he leaves her be. He switches on the night lights, the stars lighting up against the back of the crib, pauses to watch her a moment before he leaves. Spencer listens to his footsteps as he leaves the nursery, closing the door ajar behind him, his eyes find Spencer and he smiles kissing her head before he pulls back. "Hey, hey" Tony whispers lifting her face. "Why are you crying?" she shakes her head.

"I don't know" she admits with a little laugh, he smiles and kisses her softly. "Hormones" he hums against her lips and pulls back. "You're amazing with her" she offers, he smiles.

"I was worried" he counters, she nods.

"I know" she reaches up and wraps her arms around his neck. "But you're nothing like your father" she promises him. "She adores you" he smiles.

"I'm rather fond of her myself" he teases pulling her closer. "Her mother too" she smirks and shakes her head. He releases her and takes her hand. "Hey, whilst it's quiet" he offers kissing the back of her hand. "I gotta show you something," Tony tells Spencer pulling her towards the back of the house.

"Slow down...I can barely waddle" he chuckles and snorts looking to her. "It's not funny..." she scolds.

"I'd pick you up but I am truly worried about my back in that scenario" she pushes at his shoulder as he smirks.

"You're supposed to say I look radiant and...glowing"

"You do" he assures her. "Of course you do, you look beautiful, you always do...." he pushes open a door behind him and pulls her into the doorway. "Here," he offers. "This is it" she raises an eyebrow as she steps into the room. There are bookcases on two of the walls, partly filled, in the middle of the room against the far wall is a desk and computer.

"What is this?" she asks looking to Tony.

"I heard you and Dean talking" he admits. "About hunting..." she drops her eyes a little. "I know you love us" he assures her. "But I know you love what you do so....compromise" he nods to the room. "I talked to Bobby, gathered some contacts, bought some books.....it's not much but it's a start for you" she looks to him. "There's a phone line in here, untraceable and has a voice distorter...." he smiles at her. "Put that crazy smart brain to use" he kisses her softly. "Save the world" he adds pulling her closer to him.

"You did this for me?" she asks him fondly. He nods.

"Yeah" he answers. "I'd do anything for you" he promises her. "Just want you to be happy with me"

"I am" she counters quickly. "Of course I am..." he gives her a small kiss and then pulls her further into the room.

"It's soundproof" he adds. "And you got Jarvis in here in too" he moves her towards the computer. "State of the art computer.....holographic keyboard...." she watches him, her eyes soft as he talks. "I figured you could put all your weapons in here..." he looks to her.

"This is just what I need" she assures him.

"I know, I'm just that great of a husband" he teases wrapping his arms around her, he bites his lip. "So...Princess is asleep...this room is soundproof" he wiggles his eyebrows at her, Spencer laughs.

"You're insatiable" she scolds lightly.

"Only for you, beautiful" he nuzzles into her neck backing her towards the desk behind them.