Chapter Eleven

Tony stretches as the sun rises across the ocean, he takes a deep breath and turns curling around his beautiful wife, laying there, all asleep and cute. He smiles and kisses her nose. She wrinkles it and blinks awake to stare at him. She starts to smile.

"Hey, beautiful" he whispers warmly, full of love. She loves Tony in the morning. He's so affectionate, not that he isn't usually, but in the morning he is so peaceful. He moves to get up but she grabs his wrist to stop him. He turns back to her.

"If you get up you're going to leave me" she whispers, Tony brushes her hair back from her face.

"I know, beautiful" he agrees. "But I'll always come back to you" he adds nudging her nose.

"You can't promise me that" she argues. "You can't...not with everything in the world" he strokes her arm and smiles.

"Stop worrying" he scolds. "I should never have told you about this trip so soon, all you've done is worry for the last two weeks" he touches the lines between her brow. "You are getting lines" she slaps at his hands and scowls.

"I'm allowed to worry about you" she scolds. "I'm your wife, the mother of your children, do you have any idea what would happen if you don't come back to us?" he swallows a little and shrugs. "Do you remember how you felt when I left with my brothers, back when my deal was up?" he nods.

"You know I do" he whispers. "But I will come back" he adds. "Spencer....do you really think, if I had a choice, that I would not come back to you?" he asks her. "I love you," he tells her with a smile. "I love you so much....and you've given me so much, I never thought that this would be my life" he admits. "A wife who loves me, who I am completely faithful to, I don't even want to look at other women...." he plays with her hair. "A woman who's given me three beautiful, if not loud, children" she chuckles a little. "I really thought that I would never get this," he tells her. "I never..." he shakes his head. "I thought I was so screwed up that I would..." he lifts his eyes to hers.

"You're not the only one" she assures him.

"Guess it takes two screw-ups to make three perfect little somethings, huh?" he asks her, she smiles and nods. "You were right" he admits and smirks. "We're not our dads, and we know where not to go wrong" he pulls her closer. "Mrs. Stark"

"You know, in ten years, I hope you remember how good you have it" she teases, he chuckles. "When we're dealing with stroppy teenagers having love crisis and dealing with pimples and periods" he pulls a disgusted face. "You have two daughters, learn to deal with it"

"I have ten years" he counters. "I'll figure it out" he smiles warmly again. "When we reach that big one oh, promise me, we'll still be married, that whenever I screw up, you tell me...."

"With us or in general because I don't think I have the time to manage you 24/7" she teases, he pinches her backside and smirks. "You screw up" she starts more serious. "I am sure me, Pepper, Rhodey or Happy will be more than happy to correct you, we know how much this means to you, and they know how much this means to us...Plus...Pretty sure your little princess is going to be a snarky little bitch" she points out. "She'll tell you too" Tony laughs and nuzzles into her neck, he takes a deep breath, hates to do it, but he has to. 

"We have to get up" he tells her pulling back.

"No" she shakes her head. "Let's just stay here..."

"I have to get up" he whispers. "I have to go on this trip" she takes a breath and closes her eyes. "But the second I get back, me and you are gonna plan an epic late valentine's, we'll go to that restaurant you love"

"Malibu Farm Restaurant?" she asks, he hums and nods.

"Whatever you want"

"Will you get me that nickel-plated M1911A1?" she asks, he chuckles and nods.