Chapter Five

Spencer rubs her back as she heads through the living room, checking it out, today is the day that a camera crew and news reporter come into their home to talk to them. In the end she and Tony had agreed on one reporter, a woman with her own children, adds a more sympathetic edge for them. Spencer looks up as she hears the front door followed by Pepper's heels.

"Pepper" she greets not looking up.

"Hey, Spence, what are you doing?" Pepper asks amused.

"Tidying up, Tony decided that he and Trinity were going to play with all her toys this morning....and left them all out" Spencer answers and then turns, she notes that Pepper is not alone. "Hey, Dahlia" Spencer offers as the reporter follows Pepper into the room. "You're early"

"Spencer" she greets back warmly. "Traffic was good" she offers. "How are you feeling?"

"About this? Or in general?" Spencer counters with a smile, Dahlia offers her own smile, she knows Spencer's nervous about this.

"We can postpone this" Dahlia assures her. "If you need more time.." Spencer shakes her head.

"No, I should get used to this, right?" Spencer asks. "Press and reporters are going to be part of my life...." Tony moves towards her as he walks into the room, Trinity on his hip. Tony kisses Spencer's cheek, his hand curling around her stomach before he pulls back. He notices Dahlia and her team.

"Hey, you're here" Tony offers shifting Trinity on his hip a little. Dahlia waves at Trinity who waves back. "Where do you guys wanna set up?"

"Here is perfect" Dahlia motions to the cluster of sofas, a few scattered children's toys, Trinity's art stuck on the wall around the tv.

"But I haven't cleaned in there yet" Spencer worries.

"No, it's really perfect" Dahlia assures her as she touches her arm. "Family isn't tidy, family is messy...." Spencer nods a little, Tony kisses her head.

"Relax, beautiful" he whispers softly in her ear. "It's going to be okay" she takes a deep breath and looks to him before reaching for Trinity, he lets her go willingly knowing that Spencer needs the comfort of having her child in her arms.

..........

Trinity sits between her parents playing with her little learning phone. Tony smiles watching her as Spencer runs a hand around her bump, Dahlia looks to her camera and sound men who both nod back at her.

"Alright," she turns to Tony and Spencer. "Ready?" Tony glances to Spencer who nods.

"Yeah, we're ready" Tony answers for Dahlia, she takes a breath and turns to the camera.

"This is Dahlia Anders for WHiH World News reporting from Malibu; joining me today is Tony Stark, who has agreed to let us into his home, and his family, to announce some news" the camera shifts to Tony, centering him, keeping Spencer out of view for now.

"On May 28th, 2007 I got married in a small and intimate ceremony" he looks to Spencer, the camera follows his eyes "To this incredible woman. Spencer" he reaches around Trinity and takes Spencer's hand in his, Spencer looks to him and softens slightly, her nerves ebbing away.

"Let's get the questions out of the way" Dahlia starts. "And then we can have a look around your home" Tony nods and rubs his thumb into the skin of Spencer's hand, soothing her. "So how about we start with something easy?" She offers. "When and where did you meet?" Spencer looks to Tony

"October 2005" Tony answers easily. "A little bar in New Orleans" he brushes his thumb over the back of Spencer's hand. "She was sat alone at the end of the bar reading from this huge engineering book....and she ignored me"