Epilogue

At Stark Industries, Tony and Pepper walk along the hallway. Pepper shoves a written statement into his hands. Tony glances at Spencer ahead of them crouched with Trinity who swishes the bottom of her dress around with a smile. Tony smiles softly before he looks down at the statement in his hands.

"Your alibi" Pepper informs him. "You were on your yacht with Spencer and the kids. I've got port papers that put you in Avalon all night, and a sworn statement from Spencer" Tony grabs an L.A. Times from the pile of papers in her arms, glances at the headline: "Who is the Iron Man?' A grainy newspaper photo of the battle at Stark Industries.

"'Iron Man'" Tony tests. "Not technically accurate, since it's mostly carbon fibre and ceramic. But I like the ring of it. 'Iron Man'..."

"Daddy!" Trinity shouts and runs towards him, he crouches to meet her.

"Hey, Princess" He greets and touches her cheek. Spencer pushes the twins closer to them in their pram. Tony giving her a wink. She fixes his tie and then kisses him, Tony hums against her lips and then pulls back. He brushes his hand over her arm. She glances at the speech in his hand. But she knows Tony better than that. She taps the statement and then gives him a look.

"Do whatever you need to" She whispers to him, the two of them sharing a look. He nods a little. Pepper wiggles her fingers at Trinity who reaches up and takes her hand. Tony takes a deep breath and adjusts his tie, watching as Spencer follows Pepper with the twins.

.........

In the lobby, Spencer checks on the twins in their pram as they wait for Tony to make his speech. Rhodey is making his own speech right now, trying to give an explanation as to recent events. The usual government cover-up.

"I can confirm that a series of military test prototypes were involved in the incident at Stark Industries last night. I can also confirm that there was, for a brief time, the danger of an Ark Reactor 'incident', which was rectified without injury to the public – and all power outages have been restored. Here now, to answer a few brief questions, is Tony Stark" Tony walks out and takes the podium. Puts a hand up to silence the bubbling questions coming from the reporters in front of him.

"I've seen the papers. I've heard the reports. That's why I want to put an end to all this wild speculation. The truth is..." He looks to Rhodey. To Pepper. To the crowd. And then to Spencer. She gives him a warm smile and a reassuring nod. He smiles back before turning back to the crowd. "I am Iron Man." He winks across at Spencer who smirks and shakes her head. Of course, he does this. Of course.

............

"We saw the news" Dean comments as he drops onto the couch at the Stark house. "Been busy, haven't you?" He teases Tony who holds Ryder in his arms.

"Gotta one up my wife the weirdness that she brings to this freak show of a family" Tony counters and then looks at Spencer as she passes him. Spencer hands a beer out to Dean who takes it with a smile. Sam is busy holding Serenity, watching her softly. They don't get to visit as much as they would want and the twins are almost a year old. 11 months.

"How's the sign language coming along?" Sam asks, looking across at Spencer.

"We've missed a couple of lessons" Tony admits. "With recent events"

"But we're getting there" Spencer adds softly. "What are you two doing here anywhere?" She asks. "Not that it isn't great to see you it's just....you usually call..." Dean and Sam share a look before Dean turns to their sister.

"Urm, you might want to sit down," He starts, she gives him a look before moving closer to him.

"What's going on?" She asks firmer now, aware that something is going on. She knows her brothers well enough.

"So don't freak out" Dean offers.

"Guaranteed to never work" Spencer points out. "Just out with it"

"Dean time travelled and went to a dystopian future" Tony and Spencer give Sam a weird look. "And saw what would happen if I said yes to Lucifer....and well....some things happened and..." Sam stops and looks down. Spencer looks between her brothers.

"Spencer, you're not our sister" Dean admits. Spencer frowns.

"What are you talking about?" She asks them.

"It's a long story...." Sam offers. "Basically Mom had a sister, who had you...but died in childbirth...Mom couldn't bear to see you go without so she took you in...raised us as twins" Spencer shakes her head, her eyes tearing up. "There's a lot more....like a lot more....but it's been a long day....and that's a big bomb to drop...."

'Spencer and Tony will return in Vulpes Infernum'