Chapter Three

Spencer watches from the balcony as Dean plays on the beach with Trinity, the sun setting in the distance, she smiles softly. Sam moves to her side and smirks seeing Dean below. He chuckles and looks to Spencer who smirks herself.

"He'd make a good dad" Spencer comments, Sam hums at her side. "If he let himself" she adds touching her belly.

"It's not really something he's thought about" Sam offers, she nods.

"Not something I thought about either" she admits looking up at him. He glances to her. "But you and I both know that Trinity, and Tony, are the best things that ever happened to me....." he nods.

"She's a pretty amazing little girl" He offers. "Bright too, but that's going to be a given, considering her parents joint IQ must be in the high 400's" she smirks a little. "That little girl is going to be unstoppable" he teases, she chuckles.

"Oh, I hope so" she agrees. "It's a man's world out there, Sammy, but women are coming up in the fast lane, and we're determined...Trinity will be one of the victors....she'll be standing on top like a god damn queen" Sam laughs warmly and nods.

"Well, she's already a princess" he offers. "Only logical next step is queen" she smiles back at him before it falls slightly, Sam raises an eyebrow.

"You know, after you went to Stanford I felt lost" she shrugs seeing his raised eyebrow. "Going to school and studying was something I always wanted to do and you know how I felt when you did that, and the way dad reacted to you leaving....it's when I knew that I could never do that" Sam looks to her sadly. "I didn't know what else to do" she whispers. "So I dove into hunting....just like dad wanted. Tony was the first thing I felt something for" she admits. "Hunting, I was good at but I never felt anything...it was just...doing what dad wanted...and then Trinity came along and I started to feel like my life was finally starting to become mine" she looks to Sam. "I know that probably makes no sense to you" he shakes his head.

"No, it does" he assures her. "We didn't have normal growing up, Spence" he touches her shoulder. "Everything, time and time again was decided for us by Dad, or by Dean.....it started feeling like your life because it is your life, and you're now making your own choices. This is what it is like to be an adult...." he smiles and kisses her head. "Tony will look after you" he whispers warmly. "He doesn't seem the sort to push a woman back....in fact I think you've changed since meeting him"

"I have?" she asks him.

"You're stronger" he answers pulling back and touches her cheek. "You just seem...I don't know, there's this strength to you now, confidence and...I think it's motherly strength. And all that baby fat in you has gone" he pokes her cheek. She smiles. "I'm proud of you" he assures her, she looks up at him. "I know Dean is too" she leans against his side.

"I miss you both" she admits. "I love being a mother, you know I do. But some days....I'm sat there in front of the tv, pregnancy book in hand, ginger ale in the other, Trinity playing with her toys and I think....this is my life, what happened to the badass that could kick ass alongside her brothers?"

"It's different but it's better," he tells her. "You are this badass, you are, that hasn't changed, but this badass version of you is capable of defending her family if need be" he points out. "A badass that I know will make sure her daughter, that all her children will be ready for the world around them, children that I already know will change the world...." she stares up at him. "Spencer, this legacy you're setting up, you and Tony, do you have any idea how powerful your children are going to be?" she smiles at him. "Smart and business savvy...but with the ability to throw down, my god they are going to be tyrants" he teases, she laughs reaching up to wipe at her cheeks. "Especially if they get his snark....." she laughs harder. He smiles seeing her happy. It's been so long now since he heard her laughing like this.

.....................

Tony smiles watching the two of them, curled together, fast asleep. His girls. He reaches down and brushes Spencer's hair back from her face, she sighs softly at his touch, seeking him out. But they both look utterly uncomfortable. He moves his hands to his daughter.

"Alright, Princess, come on" he lifts Trinity up off of Spencer who groans with the loss. "Bedtime"

"Daddy" Trinity whispers realizing Tony has her.

"I got you, baby" he assures her holding her to his chest. Spencer rubs at her eyes turning towards him.

"Tony?" she asks, he hums a little.

"Hey, Beautiful" he offers warmly, she leans up to watch him with his daughter. "I've got her" he assures her. "You look exhausted, where are your brothers?" he asks, unsure why they'd leave her alone with a toddler if she appeared that tired.

"They went for a drink, I told them to go, they were driving me nuts" she admits. "I just needed a nap" she rubs at her eyes. "How was work?" she asks him.

"Good" he answers and kisses Trinity's head. "Let me put her in her bed and we can talk" he offers, Spencer nods around a yawn as Tony carries Trinity to bed.

...............

Spencer turns off the tv as Tony reappears, she raises an eyebrow at him as he drops down next to her.

"Out like a light" he kisses her cheek. "Dean must've really tuckered her out" she hums softly letting him wrap an arm around her shoulders.

"Yeah, he took her down the beach" she answers leaning back against him.

"I spoke to Pepper" he admits after a moments silence, both comfortable and warm where they are. She hums listening. "She got us a short list of PR agents" he threads his fingers through her hair as she turns to set her back against his chest, she hums happily. "I told her you'd probably want to help..." she raises an eyebrow. "This is someone that's going to be, basically, part of this family, they'll know everything"

"Everything?" she asks him.

"Well, maybe keep the 4-1-1 on monsters on the down low" she smirks.

"4-1-1? Down low?" she teases, he snorts and kisses her head.

"Hey, I'm down the kids" she laughs softly, shaking against him. "My point, if this person is to know everything then we should be part of it" she nods in agreement. "We're inviting them in, exposing our daughter, our children to them, we have to be the ones in control" she nods in agreement. "We'll start interviews next week" he kisses her cheek. "Then set up the press release for the week after"

"That's quick" she states, he hums and nods.

"Well if we wait any longer you're going to be huge, and uncomfortable" she looks up at him. "And chances are you'll be bunking down and nesting and invading people aren't going to be welcome" he frowns at her. "What?" he asks. "What's that look for?" she kisses him, her fingers soft on his neck, he smiles against her lips and kisses her back.

"I love you" she whispers, he nudges her nose and smiles back, his hand curling around her stomach. "I know it's not been easy" she whispers. "All of this that I've brought down on you"

"Hey" he scolds lifting her chin. "You're my wife, the mother of my children and I am here because I want to be here....." he draws her closer to kiss her. "You wanna go to bed?" he asks softly, she hums a little against his lips.