Chapter Six

A/N - I CAN'T STOP WRITING THESE THREE. I LOVE THEM SO MUCH AND I'M NOT A HUGE KIDDO FAN (IT USUALLY SPELLS THE END OF A FIC FOR ME BUT I LOVE TRINITY AND I LOVE WRITING DAD!TONY) 

It's a mixed bag really with the press. Tony gained new followers in the form of families, single mothers and the older generation but those that he would have associated with before he met Spencer, the bimbos, they seem to have plenty to say about Spencer and her marriage to Tony and Tony as well, claims of 'affairs' but they know it's bull, nights they claim Tony was with them he was around the world with Spencer. So Spencer has been avoiding social media and the tv just till it blows over. Pepper and their new PR hireling, Justin, supposed to be some wizz with social media and stuff. He's actually been helpful the last few weeks which Spencer is grateful for, she doesn't need more stress. Spencer stands from the couch and grabs some papers from the side and stands, a letter slipping through the pages, she frowns and picks it up before sighing. It's her letter to Tony, her death letter. She looks to it and purses her lips.

.........................

Tony misses his wife. He misses her. Even though she's only upstairs. They'd spent a weekend, basically, curled up in bed with their princess watching Disney movies and now he's away from her, away from both of them he seems to be struggling to concentrate on his work. The door opens followed by Spencer's footsteps. He smiles but plays down his relief at the interruption, he's supposed to be working hard. She sets something in front of Tony, his eyes track it. A letter.

"What's this?" he asks looking up from the letter.

"A letter" she answers, he smirks at her.

"I can see that" he teases pulling her closer.

"It's my letter...to you, the one I wrote....for when I died" she adds. "I want you to have it"

"Spence" he whispers shaking his head. "I don't need this, you're here and alive.....I don't want to read your death letter" he whispers that last part pushing it away.

"Tony" she starts.

"No, Spencer" he argues quickly. "I don't want to think about that" he looks up at her and shakes his head. "I can't...."

"I'm not asking you to read it" she assures him. "I just want you to have it....it was meant for you" she touches his shoulder and strokes his neck with her fingers. "You might want to read it one day, or not....just....it's yours" he looks up at her and wraps his arm around her waist and pulls her closer, he rests his forehead on her bump and smiles sadly. Spencer threads her fingers through his hair and scratches at his scalp.

"You want me to blow off work?" he asks leaning back looking hopeful. She hums a little and glances to his computer.

"No, that looks important" she counters turning her eyes back to him.

"Shouldn't be looking" he scolds not at all bothered that she's reading files from the business.

"I'm your wife" she points out. "Means no secrets, right?" she asks him.

"None" he promises her. "You need help getting back upstairs?" he asks her, teasing, she smacks gently at his shoulder, he chuckles and kisses her bump before standing to kiss her softly.

"I can manage" she answers before walking away. She may be getting along in weeks but she is not huge yet, despite what Tony keeps teasing. Okay, who is she kidding, she's carrying twin and she's nearing 29 weeks. She only has 8 weeks left and she's feeling them now. Everything is sore. Her back. Her legs. Her breasts. She forgot how magical being pregnant is. Tony's arms slip around her from behind and he nuzzles into her neck.

"I got you, beautiful" he whispers softly, she looks to him and smiles softly. He helps her up the stairs, hands soft on her body. "You want a massage?" he asks her.

"You have to work" she scolds as they reach the top.

"No, come on, give me a reason not to" he whines, she chuckles and pats his cheek.

"Finish your work" she scolds. "Then maybe we can have a bubble bath later" he hums and then nods before practically running back down the stairs, Spencer chuckles and shakes her head as she walks away.

............

Spencer sits on the couch and lets out a groan rubbing her bump. Trinity looks up from where she colors on the floor. She's such a good girl, Spencer doesn't know what she did to deserve such a good kid or a beautiful one. Spencer smiles and blows her a kiss, Trinity smiles back and giggles looking down at her drawing. Spencer leans forward and picks up the collection of booklets on the coffee table as Trinity stands and moves to her mother. Spencer opens a color chart, she and Tony have been planning out the new nursery for the twins, as well as planning out Trinity's big girl room. Whilst not quite there yet, they know that once the twins are here they're going to be busy, to have their hands full. Oh, their hands are going to be so full with three under three. Spencer takes a breath and looks to Trinity now stood in front of her.

"Wanna help, mommy?" Spencer asks, Trinity holds up her hands and Spencer helps her up onto the couch. "There we are" she whispers, Trinity takes the book from Spencer and sets it in her lap. "What do you think?" Trinity runs her fingers over the page and then taps a square.

"This one" Spencer fights the cringe because there is no way in Heaven or Hell that she wants to bring that color into her house, but Trinity has chosen, and so it will be.

"Alright but if Daddy asks it's all on you" Spencer teases pulling Trinity closer to her and kisses her head. "Knowing your dad though, he's gonna love it" she raises the color chart to look at the yellowy gold she's chosen. Actually, it's not that bad. Like sunflowery yellow with a bit of gold. "Know what" she starts looking at her daughter. "It's not too bad" Trinity smiles up at her.

.................

Spencer turns off the hot water as Tony kicks off his shoes behind her, he smiles watching her before moving to press himself against her back.

"Bubbles" Tony mumbles happily into Spencer's neck, she smiles leaning back against him. "You did bubbles"

"I know how much you love them" she counters. He hums and kisses her cheek.

"Not the bubbles I love, it's the hot, naked woman that gets in with me" he corrects pulling away from her. "So pants off, Mrs. Stark" he motions to her jeans.

"Tony" she starts a little. He raises an eyebrow at her.

"What is it?" he asks moving back to her.

"Well, you know...I'm pregnant and....huge" she points out like it's the most obvious thing in the world.

"You are pregnant" he agrees. "And I love that" he assures her. "All round and plump with my children" he raises an eyebrow. "You really having issues with this?" he asks her. "We've been naked since double trouble came along...."

"No, I know" she argues interrupting him. "With the lights off...." he looks to her softly and then nods a little.

"Okay" he looks around and then moves to the cupboard over the sink where he grabs the collection of candles from inside and then scatters them around the room. "Pants off" he repeats, she shoots him a look. "Trust me" he gives her a quick kiss as he passes her, she lets out a breath and then unbuttons her jeans, Tony sets the last of the candles down and then looks around. "Matches? Lighter?" he asks.

"In the draws in the hall" she motions behind her, he heads out of the bathroom and she hears the opening and closing of the draw before he returns, he moves around the room lighting the candles as she wiggles her jeans down her legs. When the candles illuminate the room he turns off the main light and looks to her as she pulls her shirt over her head. His breath catches because, yes, he loves pregnant Spencer, and her in this light is just....stunning. She's so beautiful.

"Oh, Spencer" he whispers moving towards her, she hangs her head keeping it away from him. His fingers brush her hair back over her shoulder. "You're so beautiful," he tells her warmly. "And I'm so damn lucky" he curls his arm around her back and smiles when she does.