Ch. 3: I Want To Know You Again

It's Monday, it's still early in the morning. Five-twenty five a.m. Beatrice was jogging around the track field, she was not running or jogging really that fast to sweat. It was just a minimal type of speed, it was her thing to relax herself with the thoughts inside her head.

She had a nightmare when she fell asleep on her bed after she came back from her training, as usual. Ava wasn't around and Lea did not come over and so she happened to get the bed this time but the usual situation she experienced.

Beatrice gets nightmares that wake her up in the middle of the night sometimes which scares her to go back to sleep, she usually sleeps on her desk whenever she does her homeworks and studies.

The same nightmare that haunts her since she was fourteen and ever since, she finds herself wide awake most of the time and rarely gets a good sleep. Beatrice continued her jog while her earplugs blasting songs from her Spotify.

Her jog lasted until six-thirty, Beatrice heading back to her dorm room. The sun was rising and it was time for Beatrice to prepare for the first day of school, Beatrice walked through the hallways. Wiping off her sweats from her forehead, then down to her neck.

A few students were already walking out of their rooms, some of them got 7 am classes, some got 8 or 9 depending on their class schedule that was assigned to them. They greeted Beatrice to which she only gave them a nod, her usual image and expression.

Beatrice just isolated herself with people because she didn't want to attach herself to people that will only be temporary, nobody will know the reason because she already placed the walls around her.

As she grew up in the university, she lost so many friends at the same time because of being distant to them, Beatrice just knew that what she was doing was better.

But now that Ava is here, Beatrice thought that it will be harder for her to keep up these walls, her feelings for Ava didn't fade and will be possible for it to fade knowing that she's near her. She's her roommate. Beatrice continued walking through the hallway and entering the elevator of the building to get to her floor. She pressed the button of the elevator and waited for it to open.

When it opened, a girl who was shorter than her stood there. Focused on her phone not really minding for Beatrice entering the elevator. Beatrice was confused whether this girl would get off the elevator or was she heading up to the floor of her dorm.

As soon as the elevator doors closed, Beatrice calmly pressed the number of the floor. "Which floor is your dorm, miss?" Beatrice questioned.

"Why? Are you some stalker or something?" The girl responded, Beatrice felt a little rage but calm her pace down. She cleared her throat and the girl glanced in her direction, she immediately lowered her head down and apologized quickly.

"I-I'm sorry. Beatrice I didn't realize it was you." She said, stuttering. Beatrice stared at her blankly and focused her eyes on the elevator doors.

The atmosphere was awkward and the girl just wished for the elevator doors to open, the elevator made a ding sound indicating that the elevator had stopped on the certain floor where it is supposed to stop.

The doors opened and the girl was about to leave when Beatrice gently grabbed her arm, the girl gazed at Beatrice who was already staring at her.

"This is my floor, Ms. Clinton." Beatrice spoke. Her eyes were darker brown and looked really a little pissed for what happened earlier. She loosen her gentle grip on the girl and calmly walked out of the elevator.

Beatrice wondered why some people would prefer to be an asshole, Beatrice hates it when people assume things nor become a complete asshole unless it is a useless question or sayings. Beatrice let out a heavy sigh as she walked on one of the hallways.