Ch.15: Trying to Forget

Ava and JC didn't want to talk about what happened that day and JC felt a little guilty for doing it and apologized to Ava, Ava forgave him a lot of time through the texts and also JC, coming to the dorm to pick her up. Ava finds it really sweet of him to make it up to her, she was disappointed of JC and about what happened that night. She wondered all of a sudden if JC would react the same way if the next time he initiates it and she would say no.

Ava was avoiding JC, she just wanted to at least be alone for the moment and because it keeps repeating in her mind how JC was pissed that night, too many questions were running in her head and that she was distracted. Too distracted. She observed the students around, they were too busy with the preparations for the carnival charity and the university sports.

Two weeks had already passed since the last time Beatrice and her went to that shop, she wanted to go back again and spend time with Beatrice this time but as for Beatrice, she is a council president of the university. Too many things were being handed to her and to the council officers, Camila even told Ava that she misses Luna who would come home late at night and would leave the dorm really early.

Ava was busy helping out the students who were in need of extra hands in preparing what they all needed for the carnival charity and university sport. Her phone buzzed to see Dana and Sam texting, talking about the plans they have and planning to go shopping. She opened the text group and went to talk with them.

Dana: Please tell me you are coming with us too, Ava!

Sam: Yeah! That'll be great and besides your sister and Luna will come with us too. Lea will be helping out Luna to their assigned jobs since the council president is busy with the other responsibilities.

Ava: Hmm that's a great idea. I'll be completing the rest of my activities right now so I could tag along.

Dana & Sam: YES!

Ava couldn't help but smile at the two, even though they weren't completely around in person, the vibe they give in person is the same thing through texts and she is very glad to be friends with them. Her phone buzzed again, this time it was a call from JC. The smile on her lips faded, she was hesitating to answer the call or just leave it ringing and make up an excuse that it was in her bag and didn't hear it buzzing.

But Ava was too weak to even ignore JC, that man loved her and she loves him so much. She sighed out loud because she was already disappointed with herself for trying to give a space. She answered the call but didn't not say a word.

"Hey baby. Are you busy? I was planning to grab some lunch, I was wondering if you wanna come?" JC asked.

"I'm busy right now babe. I'll try again next time okay? Enjoy your lunch." Ava replied. Trying to sound convincing and all.

"Okay. I love you." JC said. Ava didn't utter a word but instead just hung up.

After what happened, Ava seems to lose a lot of appetite to almost everything. It may seem dramatic but Ava was just too surprised of what JC had shown her that night but she was glad Beatrice came for her and helped her to get home. She remembers Beatrice's schedule, she got a free period to which Ava had found out that Beatrice spends her free period in practicing.

She checked the clock and texted Beatrice right away, she didn't wait for the response. She just stood up from sitting down and grabbed all her stuff so she could start making her way to the pool area. Ava was making her way there when she suddenly ran into Lea, her boyfriend's sister who was shocked to see her.

"Ava." Lea spoke.

"Hi." Ava awkwardly replied.

"I'm really sorry, Beatrice told me what happen." Lea said, Ava was surprised and she noticed Lea being sad and a little nervous.