CH. 23: Carnival Event

"the sun has brought shine to me..."
.
.
.

Ava continued to read the message in the small card, which was simply a short statement that Beatrice had written on the card with the present she had just left on her study table. When she was sleeping, she felt Beatrice's presence and the kiss Beatrice had given on her forehead.

She couldn't get the scene where she almost kissed the older girl out of her thoughts, so Ava told herself that she had never liked a female before and had never imagined having one because, for all she knew, she was exclusively drawn to boys.

Ava is unsure of how to behave at the time, and she is ashamed rather than awkward in front of Beatrice. Her body was instantly filled with a fearful feeling, and her mind began to rumble with a variety of thoughts. When she heard a faint knock on the door, she was jolted out of her reverie.

She got out of bed and walked over to the door, a little sluggishly. She unlocked it and was taken aback when she was kissed on the lips, and she knew who it was the moment those lips contacted hers. JC. She nearly forgot that after that brief meaningful conversation with Beatrice on the beach, she decided that giving her and JC another chance isn't such a bad idea after all.

"Good morning sunshine. How'd you sleep?" JC asked, smiling sweetly like he usually does.

"I, uh. It was great. I'm still sleepy but I'll just sleep later after I eat and drink my medicine." Ava responded.

"I figured, I brought you breakfast. It's your favorite blueberry pancake with your favorite black coffee." JC said.

"Strawberry pancakes were my favorite and I drank coffee with milk, babe. Remember?" Ava replied.

"Oh shoot. I guess... I was thinking about my favorite." JC said. Ava gave a gentle chuckle and motioned for him to take a seat near her. Just before they were going to dine, JC opened the lunchbox he had brought with him. Ava feigned to look into the lunch bag and see the delicious round pancakes, but her eyes was drawn back to Beatrice, who was standing on the small fridge looking for something. When she looked at Beatrice from behind, she saw for the first time how beautiful her back was.

Beatrice was dressed casually in a white polo shirt with long sleeves, black pants, and white and black high-top Converse. Beatrice wore her glasses, which made her look more gorgeous and simple; the dress, Ava could tell, was appropriate for an older girl. Ava snapped back to reality as Beatrice shut the lid of the little fridge.

"Are you okay, baby?" JC whispered to Ava.

"Huh? Uh yeah. I was just lost in my own thoughts." Ava said.

"Are you sure you can really work for the booth in the carnival? Maybe you need more rest babe." JC replied.

"I've been laying down since I was in the hospital, I need to do something at least." Ava said.

"Are you even sure?" JC asked. Right before she said anything, the door swung open and closed. Beatrice had left the dorm room, Ava felt something weigh on her but she couldn't put a word into it.

"Hmm yeah. I'm okay. This is my duty for today! I'm excited to meet the kids." Ava replied.

"This is all very heavy duty babe. Why don't you just stick with cooking food instead? Or prepare the cold drinks?" JC asked.

"Baby, I told you I'm fine! I can take care of myself. I didn't break any bones alright, I only hurt my head." Ava said.

"I'll just ask some of the boys in the food booth to help you out, alright? Don't want you to get too tired from overworking." JC replied. Ava smiled and just nodded her head.