Ch. 26: Unexpected Nights Pt. 2

Hello readers, I'm back to writing these chapters because I have free time and I had a chance to write and put together a plot that I wanted to happen. Enjoy reading!

//

While Beatrice watched the doctor monitor Danielle, Ava sat in the chair, giggling with the little girl and her small teddy bear. Beatrice turned around to find Ava and the little girl giggling and playing with the tiny bear in their hands. Beatrice sat beside Ava, who smiled at her and resumed playing with the young girl, the love of her life carrying the child they would nurture into a lovely human being filled with love and care as a true parent should. The small girl handed the teddy to Beatrice, who just returned it to the joyful little girl.

"Hello, little Bea." Beatrice softly greeted them with a soft and warm smile to the child.

"You don't really have that cold heart, huh? Well, not with children." Ava teased Beatrice, who returned her gaze to the small child, who was simply smiling and giggling. Beatrice then remembered that they were scheduled to go out and eat, and she planned to do it with a plus one.

"Let's go grab a bite in McDonald, it's not that far from here. We could bring the little one." Beatrice suggested.

"Um, what about her mother? Aren't we supposed to wait until she wakes up?" Ava asked.

"I don't think she would be waking up soon. Come on, let's treat the little one. I'm sure she's hungry." Beatrice replied.

"Which little one? Me or this kiddo?" Ava asked, pouting at Beatrice. Beatrice simply rose up and shook her head. Ava rose up and told Little Bea, in her baby voice, that they were going to eat at McDonald's. Beatrice informed the nurse that they would be going out to dine and feed the little child, and she provided the nurse with her phone number so she could contact her when Quinton awoke. After that, Beatrice approached Ava and gently held the kid in her arms.

"You're still hurt, sit down. I will go grab the wheelchair. You can't walk right away." Beatrice said.

"Bea. I'm okay, I can still walk. Just limping." Ava replied.

"Please don't be stubborn, Ava. The child is way more behave than you as the adult." Beatrice said. Ava scoffed and sat down, irritated in her expression, while Beatrice smirked behind her back as she returned to request the wheelchair while carrying the small child in her arms. After a minute, she thanks the nurse and returns to Ava, who was sitting in the chair with her arms crossed across her chest.

"Come on. I'll guide you to stand up and sit down comfortably on the wheelchair." Beatrice said. Ava sat there with her arms crossed, acting as a child after being compared to a little girl who was more obedient and quiet than her; she was a little envious, but it was amusing that she was jealous of a child she had never met. Beatrice waited a minute before placing the tiny girl next to Ava and told her that the little woman beside her needed to be babied. After whispering to young Bea, who giggled, Ava arched an eyebrow at Beatrice, who immediately regarded her.

The next thing Ava knew was being lifted up, Beatrice lifted her up from the chair for seconds and place her down on the wheelchair. Ava was stunned by Beatrice's action, Beatrice carried little Bea in her arm and set her down on Ava's lap. She pushes the wheelchair until they reach the entrance of the hospital.

"Stay here. I'll get the car." Beatrice whispered to Ava who nodded her head because her attention was on the little girl who suddenly snuggled to her, Ava felt herself softened by the little girl's action and it felt like having a child of your own and feeling the love back from them because they see it from you and so they give it back. Little Bea rested her head on Ava's chest as Ava hugged the little girl and give her warmth. Beatrice, on the other hand, left the parking spot she had parked her car and proceed to drive all the way to the entrance door of the hospital, the moment she pulled over she witnessed a beautiful sight.