Ch.10: Feelings don't fade

The car ride was pretty silent except between Camila and Luna who were too busy talking while Ava and Beatrice mind their own business, Ava was sitting in the front passenger seat. Beatrice was driving but was relaxed while doing so, Ava couldn't help but throw glances at Beatrice. Ava could not understand why at some point, the atmosphere between her and Beatrice was awkward than before.

Ava pulled her gaze away from Beatrice and focused her eyes somewhere else but will end up glancing back to Beatrice again. The younger girl didn't know that Beatrice was aware of this action but would remain unbothered, Beatrice was having flashbacks from earlier between the conversation of Ava and JC about getting married one day.

It broke Beatrice's heart, Beatrice wanted to let off her steam. She was jealous, envying the young boy because he gets to kiss Ava, he gets to hold her, hug her and make her feel like she's the only girl in the world. She envy JC for him to treat her as the woman he would always love until they grow old, she envies the kisses, the sweet smile Ava would do whenever she would make a mistake or simply just smile and all your problems would just go away.

Beatrice letting out a deep sigh which Ava had caught, the next thing Beatrice knew was she felt a hand on her arm. Beatrice glanced down and then up to Ava who was looking at her with concern.

"Are you okay?" Ava asked, her voice was soft and gentle. She was worried about the older girl. Beatrice felt her nerves calming down after what Ava did.

"I'm good. I'm just… Nervous?" Beatrice replied.

"Bea, mom and dad loves you very much and you know that. Ever since we were kids, breathe slowly in and out." Ava said, she was saying the words softly because she didn't want the older girl to completely lose her composure.

Camila and Luna witnessed this small interaction of them which was sweet and somehow pleasing especially for Camila, the rest of the ride was quiet until they arrived at the restaurant where they would meet up with Ava and her family. Beatrice decided to drop them off in front of the restaurant, Beatrice told Luna to help Camila and Ava to get out of the car to which she did.

Camila and Luna headed in but Ava told them that she will wait for Beatrice outside, Beatrice went to park the car. Ava stood there waiting, she could feel the cold breeze, she somehow regret standing outside knowing it's a bit freezing but she wanted to wait for Beatrice.

While waiting, she suddenly heard someone tripping over to which Ava was startled but as soon as she saw the girl on the ground. She was pretty drunk, Ava went to help the girl to get up.

"Are you okay, miss? Here let me help you." Ava spoke, helping the girl to stand up from tripping over. Ava could smell the alcohol, she was right about this girl being drunk, the stranger girl was in a hot mess.

"I'm… I'm fine. It's okay. I'm sorry if I look like a mess. You didn't have to help me out because I was gathering my stuff." The girl responded. She was tipsy.

"You can barely stand, miss. You have to sober up before you walk around this street. Do you have anyone with you?" Ava asked. The girl shook her head indicating no, Ava was looking after her then suddenly a man came up to Ava trying to steal the purse she was holding which was the belongings of the drunk woman.

"Give me that and nobody needs to get hurt." The man threatened Ava, Ava was hesitant, she was trying the little possibilities but she did not want to harm herself.

"Look I can't give it to you because it's not y-yours." Ava stuttered, the man raised his hand showing that he was armed, he was holding a knife.

"Look lady I just want the purse! Give it to me and you and your messy friend won't get hurt." The man said. The man was in drugs and Ava was sure of it, his eyes were showing the symptom.