Ch.25: Unexpected Nights Pt. 1

The after party was canceled after the carnival event and so it was moved to Beatrice's birthday and the loyal people that look up and respect Beatrice, decided to not just only throw that after party for everyone but to also celebrate their president's birthday.

Beatrice found herself lost in her own thoughts, the council were in the brief meeting regarding their next school activities. They were discussing the upcoming campaigns of every department for the new set of officers for each department. The older girl seemed lost in her own train of thoughts, she could still feel the younger girl's lips against hers, she trace her lips with her fingertips as she reminisce the memory back at the carnival.

She could not believe that she had kissed Ava, she could still feel the soft lips against hers and it was addicting. Beatrice closed her eyes and let out a heavy sigh thinking about it, she's now inside the library with her laptop and her books scattered open on the table, with her pens and highlighter pens scattered. Studying for few days straight for their tests gives her so much headaches and she couldn't concentrate at the dorm, Ava tried to talk to her as if nothing happened but Beatrice couldn't push her thoughts aside, every time she closes her eyes, she recalls the memory that night where their lips touched.

"Please have mercy on me." Beatrice breathlessly whispered.

The kiss made her crave for Ava, knowing that she is indeed in-love with the younger girl. If kissing her that way was not a good plan to do, she would want to kiss Ava in such romantic, soft and gentle way under the moonlight. Beatrice was scared for the kiss not because of Ava avoiding her although, it will hurt her. What she didn't like about herself after getting something she wished to have is her craving.

Now she craves more, weird but being in-love to your best friend can result to so many things and you wouldn't even notice it, Beatrice wanted to release stress and unrelaxed. Beatrice looked at her watch and saw that it was 10:30 in the evening, she took this as her chance to go to the swimming pool building, their team was put in halt because of the events that lasted for few days and it made Beatrice somehow stressed out.

Beatrice stood up and left her stuff on the table and unlock the door and lock it again when she got out of the library, she headed straight to the locker room near the swimming pool building to get change in her swimming suit and swim to relax. After changing, she quickly headed to the pool area where she stretched herself before diving down the water, as soon as she felt the water embraced her body.

She could feel the calmness coming all together and her only focus is her mind being free from thoughts and remain focus on reaching the end of the line, Beatrice took her time swimming towards the end of the line just like how she would tell herself every time the game is on, she will only focus on winning in the end no matter what happens. Beatrice didn't want to disappoint her parents again, she didn't want to fail them again.

Beatrice continued making her way through the water like a sea creature, swimming underneath the ocean along with the small fishes and big fishes as if she was the mermaid and a child of a ruler of the ocean. Beatrice finally reached the end of the pool and kick her way back to the other end where she started off, she continued swimming her way towards the end of the line and when she did, she finally stopped to take a deep breath. As soon as she removed her eye-goggles, she saw a figure standing in front near the pool.

"Ava?" Beatrice call out her name.

"Why are you avoiding me?" Ava asked. The tone of her voice was different, it sounded disappointed. She was looking at Beatrice and the older girl seemed astonished, she was trying to read the younger girl's expression and mind.

"I'm... Not avoiding you Ava. I'm just being my usual self." Beatrice replied, as she swam towards the ladder and lifted herself up off the pool. Ava was looking right up to her, Beatrice could feel herself getting nervous all of a sudden because the young girl is near her and she was half naked from having a swim, a one lap swim that got her out of frustrations only to find herself back in that position.