Ch.41: Ruined Invitations

Back at the university, all the students had started hanging around the libraries and all the students were catching up for the upcoming exams, Ava and Beatrice were doing the same. Beatrice, on the other hand, was busy with her academics as well as student council meetings and some activities. The first semester is coming to an end and the next activities and the new set officers for the next school year are being prepared.

Ava had been concentrating on finishing her portfolios and was currently alone in the library. As she sat in front of her laptop, editing, and brainstorming for her portfolios, she felt her phone buzz. The curious look in her eyes made her check her phone to see texts from the group chat she had been on for over five months, it was Sam and Dana. Ava smiled as she saw the two texts from her friends who had left the university and were studying online while out of town.

Sam went to Australia with his family, he had to move to Australia while continuing to study for U.M. because of his father's work, he had to jump into another world. Dana had signed a contract with an acting career and was pursuing her celebrity life while also continuing her studies. Ava admitted that she missed her, she hadn't had much contact due to personal things that had happened in her life.

From breaking up with JC to getting a confession from her best friend and now lover, Beatrice. Ava was excited to tell them what had happened in her little adventure at this university, she pressed the send button and turned away from what she was doing when she received another text message, this time it was from JC. Ava didn't know what to do, was she going to open the text message?

Ava had heard the apologies from him over and over again, but the little part of her that wanted the closure she would like to have and end things between them for good if necessary, or keep in touch and have conversations but not every day. Her fingers fidgeting and her mind arguing with her about whether to open the text or not, she took a deep breath and opened the text message.

JC: Hey, I heard you're back in town. I was just wondering if we could meet and talk. Properly.

Ava: JC, there's nothing much to talk about. I've already forgiven you for some other things you did to me but please, leave me alone.

JC: Ava. Please, I just want to talk one last time.

Ava: We are talking now, JC. We don't need to meet face to face. I am not ready to face the man who made promises to me months ago only to break it just because I couldn't give you what you need.

JC: I'm sorry, Ava...

Ava: I have to go, I still have things to catch up on. Take care, JC.

Ava turned off her phone and placed it next to her open textbooks, continuing to type on her laptop, adjusting some images and text on the pictures she was editing. It was only when she felt two hands covering both of her eyes that she was pulled back, and as soon as she felt her hands touch the hand of the mysterious person, she smiled and crossed her arms.

"B, why?" She asked, the older girl pulling her hands away from Ava and before Ava could get to her feet, Beatrice had wrapped her hands around her waist and felt her lover's lips against her cheek. She melted at the gesture from the woman who had come out of nowhere.

"I love making surprises when it comes to you." Beatrice replied to her.

"Oh, yes, you do. You're extravagant when it comes to me, I can't even buy you half of what you want." Ava said to Beatrice, who grabbed her hand and clasped hers.

"You don't have to do this to prove to me that you will do the same for me or feel the same about me. I'm doing this because your value can't make up for the money, for all the material things I have. With you it's just you". Beatrice replied. Ava looked away, trying to contain her smile and blush at the same time, playfully pushing Beatrice as she grinned at her.