Ch.9: Maybe this is the first step?

Ava slowly opened her eyes, she blinked a few times before she finally opened her eyes, she realized that she wasn't in the dorm room. She then noticed her hand intertwined with a soft hand, she stared at the hand and realized that it wasn't JC's hand, it was a girl's hand. She glanced to her shoulder to see a sleeping Beatrice, she was sleeping peacefully.

Ava tried to remember what happened last night, her head started to throb the moment she tried to get up. I guess that's on staying away from parties for a few months because she would rather spend it with JC going out on dates and spending time at home with him. Ava sighed out loud and groaned a little because of the headache.

"Does it hurt?" Beatrice suddenly asked which startled Ava because she thought Beatrice was asleep.

"Oh! I… You startled me, geez!" Ava replied. Beatrice chuckling, her morning voice was deep and hoarse when she chuckled which Ava couldn't help but to tell herself that it was the sexiest thing she heard.

"I'm sorry then." Beatrice spoke, Ava was too shook from hearing her morning voice. Ava's eyes widened.

"I-is that how you normally sound like in the morning?" Ava unexpectedly asked.

Beatrice looked at her with such a questionable look, Ava realized about her question and just laughed it off but then her head started throbbing again and groaned a little because of the pain.

"Are you hungry?" Beatrice asked.

"What? No." Ava replied.

"Let's grab something to eat and then you drink some aspirin, you can't drink the medicine if you have an empty stomach." Beatrice said.

"Where's JC?" Ava asked.

"Ouch, so you really do hate me that much, huh? I don't know. Do you want me to call him?" Beatrice replied. Her tone suddenly changed.

"Hate you? What? What do you mean I hate you?" Ava asked.

"Never mind. Come on, get your butt up lightweight." Beatrice replied.

"Haha. Very funny." Ava said.

"Get up." Beatrice replied.

"Can I just lay down for a little bit?" Ava asked.

"Fine, I'll go get the car." Beatrice replied.

"I'll dial JC first and tell him I'm coming with you." Ava said. Grabbing her phone from her pocket, she texted JC about going to eat breakfast with Beatrice and for sure they will be riding back to the university together.

Ava noticed the sudden change of Beatrice, she could sense that something is up but just didn't want to make up conclusions because she wanted to be sure, Beatrice was soft and gentle with her today. Even offered to grab breakfast and advise her to eat first before drinking the medicine. She finds it weird for Beatrice to act like that but she let it slide.

Ava placed the phone beside her and laid down, her head was throbbing so she closed her eyes for a little bit. Her phone started ringing all of a sudden, it was a FaceTime call, Lilith was calling her then her senses came back real quick. She has plans today.

She fixed herself first, fixing her hair. She was hoping for the call to be a phone call but it was a FaceTime. She cleared her throat a lot of times before she pressed the answer call.

"Hey, Lili!" Ava greeted.

"Hey! Look who's here?!" Lilith spoke, turning the camera towards the other female she's with, Mary.

"Hi, Ava! It's good to finally see you, though I hope I will personally see you at the dinner tonight, yeah?" Mary asked.

"Yes, I will be there! I can't miss it!" Ava replied happily.