Ch. 47: Ava

My chapters are getting shorter because I am focusing on writing directly to the plot of the chapter but I really hope that it will satisfy your readers a little. (Fingers crossed) But I am also writing now the new chapter of my other AVATRICE AU, thesis is a pain in the ass and it is biting me because I am weak in thesis writing and I don't know what I'm doing honestly. But here it is! The latest chapter. I am starting the next chapter just so I can make the next one while I am not entirely busy again.

//// ~~~~

CONTINUATION...

"How come you never told me about you and Danielle Quinton?" Ava asked. The words finally came out of her mouth while her eyes stayed in contact with JC's. JC stared at her with surprise on his face and a moment of silence took over the atmosphere between them. Ava tried to calm herself before she stood up and made a scene just to let JC talk.

"H-how did you know about this?" JC asked her, Ava remained silent, waiting for JC to speak and answer her question.

"You don't get to ask questions here, you were the one who fucked things up. Answer my question, JC." Ava replied, Ava was getting annoyed. She needed to know.

"Ava, please listen to me. I-I don't know where you heard that from but... There are so many things going on right now and I can't tell you everything about my past... Not in this type of situation." JC explained. Ava was not convinced.

"JC, did you hurt Danielle?" Ava asked.

"Ava, you don't understand. This is–" JC tried to explain but Ava just let out a heavy sigh and closed her eyes to take a second to think through.

"JC, please. If you lie to me one more time, I will call the police on you and this is not going to end well for you. You hurt your daughter's mother." Ava trailed off.

"Ava, please... I can't do this right now." JC pleaded to her, Ava was eager to make him confess whatever he was hiding.

"We went to Danielle's house, JC. We wanted to break the news to her parents, but instead they received a gift of Danielle's personal effects from an anonymous sender... I saw the photos of you and Danielle... So, tell me. Did you kill Danielle?" Ava asked, noticing the sudden change in JC's mood.

"Whatever you're about to do, you better stop it," JC said, the tone of his voice changed and Ava knew he was about to burst out when asked about his past. She could see his eyes grow darker, his brown eyes staring back at her felt like they were burning with anger or fear.

"You begged me and told me that you would answer everything with complete honesty and no lies in between, so what the hell made you change your mind JC?" Ava asked him. Ava did not take her eyes off him, she kept her eye contact directly in his eyes.

"I didn't kill her - why would you think I killed her? Just because I had a relationship with her in the past?" JC asked her back.

"Stop fucking with me JC. Why is Danielle missing?" Ava blurted out.

"Why are you asking me about her disappearance? Do you think I had something to do with her disappearance just because I had a past with her?" JC asked.

"JC, just answer the question if you really have nothing to hide from me," Ava replied. She did not want to hurt JC by doubting and suspecting him, but because of what she had discovered.

"I'm telling you, I can't tell you about it, not now. Please, it's... it's complicated. It's really complicated..." Ava lost her patience. She stood up and took a deep breath before saying anything.