Ch. 18: Surprises

CONTINUATION.

They went back to their table as Ava was taken back from the table setting, it was perfectly prepared by the people itself. Ava had already got the clue, she caught Beatrice earlier texting through her phone. Beatrice had all of it prepared, her favorite sunflower was set on the middle of the table.

Beatrice pulled the chair for Ava, Ava couldn't help but blush even more. All of this sweet gestures of the older girl, she finds it adorable of Beatrice. And now she wondered if she was like this with the girls she had dated, Ava suddenly had a question in mind. She didn't want to ask right away but her curiosity couldn't let her keep it to herself for any longer, as soon as she saw Beatrice sat down and told her to start eating. Ava questioned her right away.

"How many girls have you taken here? You know, like a date." Ava said. Beatrice stopped slicing her well done meat, gathering her thoughts before answering the younger girl's question.

"Sadly to say but none." Beatrice replied.

"But I remember Annie—" Ava started speaking but Beatrice cut her off.

"She's not counted. She never was." Beatrice spoke. Her voice didn't show coldness and firm but hurt. Ava didn't say a word, she was hoping that Beatrice would at least tell her what really happened.

"There's no other girl besides her then you." Beatrice added.

"I know I'm not in the place to ask. But I… I've been dying to ask you. What really happened between you and Quinton?" Ava asked.

"Are you really ready to hear everything from my past?" Beatrice asked.

"Bea, I'm ready to hear and to finally understand what really happened to you." Ava replied.

"One day, I will please. Just hang on, a little bit. Okay? I'm still trying to take everything in its place." Beatrice said.

"Okay, okay. I understand and respect your privacy, Bea." Ava replied, grabbing Beatrice's hand. Beatrice tensed a little then somehow found herself relaxed afterwards.

"Why don't you tell me about your life back in Chicago right before you met JC? Wait no. How did you two meet by the way?" Beatrice asked. Changed the topic.

"It was a rage party in Chicago, he was there for visiting his relatives and one of his relatives is a friend of mine. They tag him along to the rage party and then boom, we met." Ava replied.

"You're a party girl, huh?" Beatrice asked.

"Well, what do you think of me? An innocent girl who stays at home? I caused too many headaches to mom and dad." Ava replied, giggling for recalling all her rebellious days.

"Care to share what bad ass moments you have then." Beatrice said.

"Let's see, hmm… My dad had to bail me out of jail for running the car through the store that cost 35, 000 dollars. The worth was bigger than my monthly allowance." Ava replied.

"35,000 dollars Ava. Geez, what the hell were you thinking?" Beatrice questioned, her eyes were wide opened after hearing that story.

"I was drunk and having too much fun with my friends and so yeah. I've caused too many troubles and mostly Camila is always there to save my ass." Ava replied.

"All I ever did was disappoint my parents by the gang fights and shit. Mostly because with Quinton." Beatrice said, Ava caught her attention. Did Beatrice just give a small detail about her past?

"Gang fights? Wait what?" Ava asked.

"Moving on! You're a wild girl that's what I'm getting." Beatrice replied.