Chapter Four

N I K O L A I

"I loved her more than anything, gave her everything and was ready to die for her and she FUCKING CHEATED ON ME." I gulped down the whole bottle of whiskey and smashed it on the wall.

"I told you, she is a bitch." Cam said as he gulp down his tequila shots and the other boys nodded their heads in agreement while I glared at him.

"Stop glaring at him Kol," Dan said. "We all know he's right."

I sighed and leaned back on the couch with my eyes closed as the loud music from the bar rang into my ears.

Someone placed her hand on my chest and I instantly recognised her.

"Brittany. Go away," I said lazily with my eyes still closed.

"Nikolai, you have been stressed since that bitch left you," she said and my eyes snapped open glaring at her which she didn't notice and kept on going.

"Let me help you," she whispered seductively while my friends snickered at her.

I look at her seductive face and suddenly I saw her face and I lost my temper. I grabbed her by her neck choking her.

"Why did you leave me after making me fall in love with you. WHY?" I yelled as my friends finally separated me from her and without wasting any second she ran away from me.

"Easy there boy," Gino patted my head and I scowled at him. "Your drunk and we need to get you home."

Cam raised his hand up in surrender, "I need to go home early or my wife will make me sleep in the couch."

"I also need to go home early, I have an important meeting tomorrow," Dan said glancing at his watch.

"Well looks like we all have to go home early," Gino said as he smiled sheepishly at me.

"Ok then let's call your wife and let her take you home because we aren't letting you drive in this condition," Cam said as he took out his phone. "Give me her number,"

I shook my head at him as I smiled at him lazily. By this time the alcohol started to take over me. "No. Why would I give you her number?"

"Kol, we can't drop you home so, we need to call her and let her take you home," Cam explained but I shook my head.

                      R O S A B E L L E

I was about to sleep when my phone rang. I looked at the clock on the wall and frowned slightly. It's already late, who might it be.

It was an unknown number and I suddenly started to feel a little suspicious because Nick wasn't at home. What if something have happened to him?

I quickly picked the call and waited for the other person to speak.

"Hello, sister in law," the other person spoke in a hurry. "I'm Cameron, Nikolai's friend. He is fully wasted and can't drive, so can you please come and pick him,"

"Ok, send me the address," I said, I could hear some yelling in the background.

"Wifey!" A loud voice yelled and I almost dropped my phone.

"Nick?"

"Cooommeee anndd get meeee," he said in a sing song voice and I hung up before getting ready to pick that bipolar piece of shit.

His friend texted me the address and I showed his driver and I asked him to take me there.

After I reached that place, I stepped out of the car and almost had an heart attack when someone yelled.

Nick was running towards me while his friends were running behind him, making sure he doesn't fall and break his bones.

He jumped into my arms and wrapped his arms around me, snuggling into my chest.

"Arabelle, I missshhh youuuu," he mumbled and I froze, so does his friends.

"I'll take him home," I told them as they gave me an apologetic smile. "And thank you for taking care of him and calling me,"

"It's not a problem sister in law," the middle guy said and stretched his hand out and I took it. "Cameron Mitchell,"

"I know. CEO of the Mitchell industries right," he nodded and I smiled at him. "I'm Rosabelle Wi- I mean Ivanov,"

Another guy streched his hand out pushing away Cameron and I instantly knew he was the trouble maker of the group. "I'm Giorgino Ferrari, but you can call me Gino."

"Nice too meet you, Gino," I said and he placed a light kiss on the back of my hand. Suddenly Nick grabbed my hand from Gino's hand and glared at him.

"Stayyy aaway from her, Giino," he said pointing his index finger at him and they chuckled at him.

And atleast the last man came and stretched out his hand which I took it. "I'm Daniel Scott. Nice to meet you,"

"We are sorry we couldn't come in your wedding because we didn't like that bitchy gold-digger so Kol told us not to come," Gino said and I raised my eyebrow at him.

"My sister was a bitch, I admit that. But she's not a gold-digger, so kindly make sure you know everything before blindly accusing someone of something which they aren't," I said in a cold tone and his eyes widened.

"I'm so sorry Rosabelle," Cameron apologised. "He's just stupid and don't know how to talk with people, please don't mind his words."

"It's ok," I replied. "Anyway I have to go now. Once again, thank you guys,"

I bid them good night and got into the car with a whiny Nick who kept on snuggling closer and closer to me as he mumbled things which I couldn't understand.

The driver kept on glancing back with an amused expression while Nick buried his head into my neck in an uncomfortable position. Suddenly he grabbed me and sat me on his lap and buried his head back into my neck again but this time it was comfortable.

"Are you alright Mrs Ivanov?" the driver asked and I nodded at him.

"Don't worry, I'm fine," I said and offered him a small smile which he returned.

"What's your name?" I asked him.

"Sam," he replied and I nodded.

"My name is Rosabelle, you can call me anything. Just don't call me Mrs Ivanov," I said.

"I'm sorry ma'am but I can't," he said uncomfortably. "Sir wouldn't approve of it,"

I sighed knowing that he wouldn't stop calling me that and changed that subject. "So Sam, how long have you been working for Nick?"

"2 years ma'am," he said.

I nodded as I subconsciously played with Nick's soft hair while he feel asleep with his head still buried in neck.

We talked the whole ride and I really enjoyed his company. It turn out that Sam got married a few months ago and is now living happily with the love of his life.

After we reached home, he helped me carry Nick inside the house and into my room because I didn't know where his room was and I didn't want to distrub any of the maid.

Sam left after he dropped Nick in my bed. I carefully removed his shoes and cover him with the duvet.

I took a pillow and an extra duvet and settled myself in the couch because there was no way in hell I was sleeping in the same bed as him.

After I got into a comfortable position, I felt my eyelids becoming heavier and heavier and at last, I slipped into a dreamless sleep.

                                « ★ »