Chapter Six

N I K O L A I

After we were done talking, dad and I walked down the stairs and into the main hall to see her playing with Sofia, my niece.

She was tickling Sofia who was giggling at her, sitting on her lap whereas my mom and sister where no where to be seen.

My dad went and sat opposite to her while I sat down beside her. She acknowledged my father's presence but totally ignored me. She even moved a little further away from me. That hurts.

What do you expect her to do after what you did to her, you idiot.

I sighed.

My dad kept talking with her with a warm smile and I sat there like a statue, ignored by both. Soon my mom and Elle came out of the kitchen with red eyes and I panicked.

"Elle what happen," I rushed towards her. She was 3 years older than me but was always treated like the baby of the family, and it hurts to see tears in her eyes.

"Liam was shot," she whispered. "He's in the hospital,"

Liam is her husband. He is the Don of the American Mafia.

Then she went towards Rosabelle and sat beside her. "Rose, can you please keep Sofia with you guys for tonight. It's ok if you don't –"

"She can stay with us, don't worry," Rosabelle cutted her off as she placed her hand in Elle's shoulder and gave it a light squeeze.

Elle stood up and thanked her before going out with my mom and dad and I stood there awkwardly, not knowing how to apologise to her.

She stood up with Sofia and walked out of the hall walking past me, totally ignoring my presence.

I followed her to her room as she sat down on the bed playing with Sofia.

I cleared my throat and she look up with a blank expression. "We need to talk,"

She raised her eyebrows at me, "Don't you think you have already said enought Mr. Ivanov?"

I bit my lower lip trying to controll my temper. "Ok see, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that. Happy?"

She stood up with Sofia snuggled into her chest and memories of last night flooded into my head and I gulped hard.

"Do you think your doing me a favour by apologising? If that is so then I don't need your sorry," she said as she was about to walk past me but I grabbed her hand and pulled her close to me as Sofia got sandwiched between us.

"I have never apologised to anyone, other than my parents and Elle. So, when I said sorry I really really mean I'm sorry. Be happy I choose to apologise instead of killing you which I can do it in a heart beat," I said looking into her icy blue eyes.

Yeah, like your father and mother will spare you after you kill her.

"Then what the fuck is stopping you from doing it?" She whispered with an unknown emotion dangling in her eyes before disappearing as I looked at her in confusion.

She got out of my grasp and went out and I sighed before following her again.

To be honest, I really feel guilty for being harsh to her. But I didn't knew her parents and her fucking sister treated her like shit.

"Rosabelle,"  I said her name for the first time and she froze before composing herself.

"What?" She asked in a bored tone.

"You're moving in into my room," I said and her eyes widened.

"No way!" She whispered yelled at me before turing back to go but I stopped her.

"My parents, Elle and her husband will be staying her for a while and I don't want them to suspect anything," I said in a one go and she thought for her a while before nodding and I breathed out in relief, I didn't realised I was holding my breathe.

"Ok, I'll tell the maids to shift your things to my room and . . . . Ella won't be coming to work for some time so. . . . ,"

She got my hint, "It's ok I can cook," she said and I nodded.

"I have some work so i'll be in the office. If you need anything come there," I said before heading towards my office.

I sat down on my chair with my head leaned back and eyes closed as I recall what happen last night.

I remember jumping into her arms and snuggling into her chest infront of my friends and pulling her into my lap in the car and snuggling into her neck as I took in her sweet smell but I don't remember anything more than that.

I groan in frustration but was cutted of by a knock on my door.

"Can we come in Don," Edwin asked.

"Come in Edwin," I said and he entered with his wife.

They bowed their head in acknowledgment and I nodded.

"You asked for me Don?" Edwin's wife Stella asked.

"Yes," I said. "My brother in law was shot but he's fine now. He'll be staying here for a while and I want you to look after him,"

I called her for Rosabelle but I don't need to do anything so might as well use her to check on Liam.

"I heard you got married Don. Congratulations on your marriage," she said with a smile and I nodded.

"You can leave now," I told her and she nodded before leaving Edwin alone with me.

"Edwin, I want all the information about my wife by tomorrow morning," I said and he nodded. He is my personal secretary in the company but he's actually in the mafia working for me.

He left after a while and I also stood up to leave but Rosabelle barged into my room breathlessly with a crying Sofia.

I rushed towards them and pulled them closer to me, "What happened?" I asked.

"There are some people in the garden," she said and I frowned.

"I saw shadows of some men in the garden so I came here," she said breathlessly with a scared look on her face and my frown deepened.

I took out my phone and called Edwin, "Some people broke into the house and I want you to check on that," I ordered to which he replied with ok.

I sat them down on the couch as I sat beside them and pulled out my gun from my waist band.

After sometime Sofia fell asleep in her arms with her head rested in Belle's chest. Belle huh?

"Shut up," I said and Belle looked at me like I was crazy.

"I didn't say anything," she said.

"I wasn't talking you," I said as I pulled her closer and she placed her hand on my chest pushing me further.

"Stay still or you'll wake Sofia," I said and she stopped moving and placed her head on my chest. A smile crept up on my face unknowingly as I look down at her.

She was natural with no make unlike her plastic sister. I don't even know how the fuck did that manipulative bitch trapped me in her trap.

I just found out that she was using my name and taking out money from my company. That bitch. I could have find her and killed her but no I won't. I know she will come around after using all her money then i'll kill both her and her boyfriend.

I look down at Belle as I thought of her ex-boyfriend. Does she still love him? Will she also leave me for him?

What the fuck am I even thinking? She was obviously going to leave me. After 6 months.

You ask for it.

I know.

                                    « ★ »