Chapter Thirthy six

N I K O L A I

My heart felt like it was being torn apart watching her limp body in my arms and her blood on my hands.

One minute she was smiling at me and the next minute she was shot and at that moment I realised I should have shot that bastard when he tried to talk with Belle.

I should have fucking blown off his brain. But it's too late now.

I swear to every God on this planet, if anything happens to her or our baby, he'll be the lifelong prisoner of my prison.

Elena handed me a cup of coffee and I took it. We were all sitting outside the operation room, waiting for the doctor to bring out of the good news. He better.

Elena sat down beside me and placed her head on my shoulders. "She'll be fine Nik." She whispered, rubbing my back.

"I know." I whispered back. "I can't lose her Elle. I just had her back after all these years, I can't let her go. I can't."

She gave me a confused look but didn't ask anything.

Hours passed by but still there were no news about her and it was killing me alive. Every second, every minute and every hour without her was a torture for me.

I was alive, safe and breathing while she was battling for her and our baby's life.

"Nick." Lou placed her hand on my shoulder before sitting beside me. "You have been sitting here for hours, please go and eat something or go home and change, you look horrible." She joked but fell silent when I didn't reply.

"She'll be fine, Nick." She whispered.

"I just got her back, Lou. I can't lose her." I whispered looking down at my hands with a blank face. "I can't lose both of them."

"I know. Neither can I." She replied rubbing my shoulder. "But you seriously have to go down and eat something before you pass out. You have been sitting here for hours."

I shook my head. "I can't. I just. . . I just want to see her."

Just then one of the doctor rush out from the room and we immediately stood up.

"How's my wife? And the baby? Can I see my wife." I asked and he turn towards me before pulling down his mask.

"Mr. Ivanov, both your wife and the baby are out of danger but you can't see her now. We'll have to run some more test to make sure they are fully out of trouble." He said and I almost passed out out of happiness.

"She lost alot of blood so, we don't know when will she gain her conscious. May be after some hours, or it may take even days." He said and I nodded while Louisa kept on firing questions at the doctor.

She's alive.

Without wasting another minute, I rushed inside the room and the doctors shot me an annoyed look before stepping back when they realised it was me.

I sat down on a chair beside her bed before taking her hand in mine.

"Leave me alone with my wife." I said without taking my eyes off her pale face.

"But sir-"

"LEAVE." I said in a stern voice, in no mood for their annoying reasons to separate me from my wife.

They nodded before rushing out leaving us the fuck alone.

I ran my hand along her pale face before moving a strand of hair from her face.

"I'm sorry Belle. I'm so fucking sorry for everything." I whispered before placing a kiss on her forehead before sitting back down on the chair.

They said she will be up soon. But when was the soon, when was it? Hours turned into days and days into weeks but she still wasn't up.

It was fucking killing me inside thinking about all the shits. What if something happens? What the fuck will I do without her?

Lou walked in holding two cups in each hand followed by Gino who was holding four bags, two in each hand.

"Hey." She grinned at me and I rolled my eyes at her, nonetheless the corner of my lips turn up.

She handed me a cup of black coffee and I took it before thanking her.

I took a sip and closed my eyes for a second. This is what I needed. A fucking cup of coffee.

I narrowed my eyes at Gino and the bags in this hands. "What is that?" I asked.

"Bags." He replied.

"Of course, I can fucking see that."

"Clothes." Lou replied before Gino could and I pursed my lips in a thin line.

"We are–"

"No you are not going to stay here." I cut her off and she threw me a nasty glare.

If she stays here, I would be admitted in the next room. She sure can kill me with her annoying chattering. Plus, she's pregnant and it won't be comfortable for her to stay here.

"I will." She protest but I shook my head at her before turning towards Gino.

"She is stupid, I get it. But how can you be this stupid, Gino? She can't sleep here, its too uncomfortable." I grumbled.

"But I want to stay." She half-yelled and I rolled my eyes at her childish behavior.

"I said no and that's final. Go home." I said in a firm tone leaving no room for argument and she huffed in annoyance before mumbling a small ‘fine’.

I might be rude abd look like I don't care but I do. Louisa is like a sister to me and yes, I do fucking care about her.

She is just like Elena.

Talkative. Talkative. And Talkative.

Just kidding.

Stubborn. Protective. Chatterbox. Headstrong. Caring and yes, stupid.

"Belle." Lou mumbled snapping me out of my thoughts. "Oh My FUCKING GOD. BELLE."

                                « ★ »

A/n : sorry for late update and thank you all for all your support. I really really appreciate it. ILYA<33