Chapter Forty One

N I K O L A I

She told me how she helped an injured man in a dark alley and went away and how she ended up taking the help of that bald bastard Cavin and the Lord of assholes, Elliot Giordano. 

Everything was right in front of me but I couldn't see. I was fucking dumb and blind all these time. I wanted to cry and beat myself up at that moment as Belle told me more and more about her connection with Elliot. 

All these times, it was her. 

It was her. 

And I didn't know. 

I should have known. I should have connected the dots after she told me her real identity. Her real name, as in Arabelle Melania Wilson. 

Father was right. I'm too dumb for a mafia Don. 

Now before he crowns me as the Lord of all the idiots, I should better make things right. 

Belle fell asleep after a while. I slowly moved her hands away before standing up and quietly opening the door to the balcony. I took out my phone and dialled a number, after 3 rings the owner finally picked. "I'm sending you a picture of one drug, tell me the side effects of it."

"Some people sleep at this time unlike you, fucker!" Was all he said before cutting the call. It took a whole 15 minutes for him to text me back but the answer was satisfactory. It was enough for me to connect all the dots and realise what the actual fuck was going on. 

The drug that Hannah Wilson has been giving Belle which she has been using forever was to make her forget. As long as she was using those pills, she won't remember any of the things that happened before the accident. 

Which is why she doesn't remember anything, she doesn't remember me. In fact she doesn't even remember her real name or her real parents. 

Fuck me. 

I wanted to bang my head on the pillar as I thought about what a fool I have been all these time. How could I let her take those pills? How the fuck didn't I noticed it and even when I fucking found out why the fuck didn't I really thought about this. 

I need to dig up more. I have to know what really happened and what is the real reason behind the sudden death of Belle's father and how she ended up as her uncle's daughter. This is so messed up. 

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair several times before taking a deep breath and walking back inside. I climbed up the bed before scooping Belle into my arms and burying my nose in the crook of her neck. 

Belle was already up and gone when I woke up. She must probably be out Hatice exploring the Capital. I took a bath and had my breakfast in the room before walking out just in time to see Hatice waiting outside. 

"Good morning." She said in a chirpy tone with a bright smile. 

"Good morning." I replied with a confused look. If she was her then where is Belle? Wasn't she supposed to be with her? I stared at waiting for her to say something but she kept on looking at me like she was also waiting for me to say something. 

"Where is my wife?" I asked when I noticed she had no intention of speaking. 

"What do you mean by that Nikolai? I came here to pick her so that we can go out and I can show her around the Capital." She said in an obvious tone. 

"I thought she went out with you!" I said, raising my voice catching the attention of the guards standing nearby and they came towards me. 

"Sultanım, is everything ok?" One of the guards asked her. 

"Yes, bring me the person who was on duty this morning." Hatice ordered. 

"It was me, your highness." The guard replied. 

"Then you must have seen my wife leaving the chamber!?" I asked and he nodded. "Where did she go? Did someone come to pick her up? Or was she alone? Do you know where she went?" I fired questions at him. "Speak for God sake!"

"Sir, she was coming out of the chamber when she met Şehzade Mustafa and they left together. I don't know anything after that." He said quickly. "But I think they must be in the stable. Şehzade was telling her something about horses."

I immediately started running. That fucker. I told him to stay away from my wife but he didn't listen. I swear to God, I'll chop his hands off if he even accidentally touches her prince or not. That bloody little pervert. 

I reached there and ran inside the stable to see them laughing like they have known each other for years. "Belle?" I called out breathlessly as I tried to catch my breath. She turned back when she heard my voice. 

"Nick?" 

"You should have told me where you were going. You scared me." I said as I approached her and hugged her before kissing her forehead. 

"You were sleeping peacefully and I didn't have the heart to wake you up." She replied with an apologetic smile. I kissed her forehead again and turned my gaze at Mustafa who had this smirk on his shitty little face. 

"You little piece of shit!" I cursed as I tried to reach for him but he took some steps back and started laughing as he put his hands up in surrender. I could have reached for him and beat the living shit out of him if Belle wasn't holding me back. 

"Nick, have you lost your mind?" She hissed at me as she put her hands on my chest to hold me back. 

Hatice also reached. "So. . . So you are. . . You are here." She said breathlessly as she stood there near the door with both of her hands on her waist trying to catch her breath. 

"Abi was right. You are crazy for her." Mustafa said as he laughed more.

"Fuck you!" I cursed making Belle slap my chest lightly. 

"What's going on?" Hatice asked. 

"Nothing." Belle replied with a light chuckle, waving her hands off in the air. 

Hatice looked between me and Mustafa with her eyes narrowed but didn't say anything. She walked towards us before stopping right in front of us. "Then shall we leave? I have already prepared everything."

"Ok," Belle replied with a big smile. Then she turned her gaze at me. "Don't." Was all she said. She didn't want me to beat up Mustafa? What the fuck. She didn't like him until last night! What charm did this little fucker use on my wife. 

"Nick, you better not." She warned in a stern tone and I signed in defeat. 

"Ok, I won't." I replied and she nodded with a smile before giving me a light peak on the lips. "I'll see you later." She said before leaving with Hatice. 

"Does she have any sister that I could mingle with?" Mustafa asked, grabbing my attention, he wiggled his eyebrows at me. I grabbed him by his collar. "Hey hey! Put me down you psycho. You promised her you won't!"

I smirked. "I didn't promise." His smile drained from his face. I let go of his collar and pushed him away. "Stay away from my wife. I'm warning you Mustafa."

He scowled at him as he straightened his collar. "I'm not my brother, Nikolai. I will never even lay my eyes on others women."

"Better." I replied. 

His scowl then turned into a playful smile again. Here we go again. "So, does she have a pretty sister?" He asked again and I almost gave him the number and the photo of that witch who called herself Arabelle when all these time her name was Annabelle. 

"She does." I replied. "But soon she won't."

"What the fuck do you mean by that!?" He asked with a mortified expression but I didn't reply and walked out of the stable leaving him alone. 
_________________________________________
A/n : you can't really be asking me to update when you guys do nothing to motivate me to write? C'mon help me guys.

There won't be any update until I receive 80+ comments and 200+ votes on this chapter;)